Regular Free Week

Renegade,

Your talking about some of these reg's having to commit suicide for this to happen..... Great idea but not gonna happen not even for one day.

Unless you can get GC to actually ban all members with say over 100 posts for a week..... now that would be fun to do!! I still bet you'd see sock puppet accounts springing up all over the place.........

This seems like a life for some............say anybody with 9871 posts or so.......j/k but you do know that there are only 365 days in a year and you've only been a member as of 3 days ago a whoppin 3 years........hmmmmmmmm..

Would be a great test of self control...LOL

As a NooB, the thought of the forums without the regulars scares the cr@p out of me!!! The regulars are the ones who come up with answers to repeated questions, and requests for hints and tips with relative clarity and promptness. It's kind of nice to see a question pop up on the forums, and think 'yeah, that IS a good question' and within 5-10 minutes, there's usually an answer. And as stated before, usually a couple of wise cracks to go along with it... but that's what makes it fun in my opinion... But, I also must say, that I'm still new enough that I haven't seen the tension that others sometimes speak of... So, there's my humble opinion... I personally think it'd be kind of boring around here with out all of you... regular or not!!!

: B)

Sure. It could be good for me. Maybe I would get in the habit of not checking the forums and just not come back. It could help me earn more neopoints too since I would go play over there. :huh:

I do wonder though who would be around to answer questions from new people etc. though.

I could just ban everyone that has x number of posts for a week.

That would mean that I need a sock puppet to lurk during the ban week. I would really like to see how Getting Started and Units and Software go without Briansnat, Markwell, CydeE, Neo Geo, etc. (Oh wait. Markwell's a mod :huh: )

One thing you can't do is force those who don't want to voluntarily participate. The best way to handle this is to ask people to voluntarily be put on a 7 day forum suspension. Everyone who who wishes to participate may, whether they have 1 post or 11,000.

One thing you can't do is force those who don't want to voluntarily participate. The best way to handle this is to ask people to voluntarily be put on a 7 day forum suspension. Everyone who who wishes to participate may, whether they have 1 post or 11,000.

That's like saying a non-recovered alcholic can go 1 week without a drink just because they want to. Now, put a lock on the liquor cabinet....

That's like saying a non-recovered alcholic can go 1 week without a drink just because they want to. Now, put a lock on the liquor cabinet....

not quite. i've paid my $30.00. if i haven't broken any rules, i shouldn't be prevented from posting if i want to.

Ok all this talk about regulars and intimidation makes you wonder what the forums would be like without regulars.

If some people want to voluntarily not post for a week, thats fine. But I'm not sure I see the point of this. :huh:

First, anybody who generally avoids posting because they worry about having their old posts brought back out and discussed by a regular later STILL aren't likely to participate because after the week is up somebody's week-old post could still be discussed by a regular.

Second, those who are intimidated will still know the regulars are watching :huh:, which, if you are easily intimidated, would still be intimidating.

Third, this puts some kinda weird pressure on the regulars who choose (or would like to choose) NOT to participate in the voluntary action. Not that they couldn't handle the peer pressure, but why subject them to this pressure at all?

Fourth, I really, really enjoy reading the posts from the regulars! I don't always agree, but even when I disagree I am almost always learning and being entertained. A week without them? Might be tough for me!

I'm probaby taking this too seriously, so please ignore this post. Who knows, this experiment just might have some interesting results. It might end up like the Seinfeld "Master of his Domain" episode, where nobody manages to last the whole week.... :P

Darn, I seen the word free and thought I could sign up for something good.  :huh:

ROTF!!! I was thinking the same thing. Don't go!! I came here to learn more about this fun hobby. I'm not going to learn the good stuff from newbies like myself. Please...don't!

Trust me the regulars aren't going anywhere unless we are banned. This has all been tongue-in-cheek.

El Diablo

Ok all this talk about regulars and intimidation makes you wonder what the forums would be like without regulars. Would a week be enough for the new style of forums to come out? Maybe a regular free month?

can't post :huh: or just can't vist the forums? :huh::P