An Unusual One For The Approvers...

Hi there.

Regarding your new cache which was submitted for approval on 18/1/05. Thanks for replying to my e-mail so promptly. I can now advise on the main points, as follows...

1)Initially, we were not aware that ALL the land in question is owned by you and your family. The question of permission therefore does not arise.

2)There is no guideline for the size of a “Large” cache box, other than what is reasonable. The container you have chosen seems suitable for the purpose, although you may find that the gilding wears off over time.

3) I fully understand that you do not wish to give out the co-ordinates of the final cache “for security reasons.” However, it's necessary that we have some means of listing it. It is possible to conceal the true co-ordinates by means of a puzzle or series of clues which the finder has to decipher. Perhaps this would be an acceptable compromise.

4)Within our guidelines, the swap items in the cache are entirely a matter for yourself, as the owner. It is true that some caches contain items of higher value, as 'prizes' for the first or second to find. However, your plan to “chuck in a few old Renoirs, and see how it goes” may be carrying this idea to an extreme.

5)As you will only be resident in the area for part of the year, we DO have to insist that you nominate a person who will maintain the cache in your absence, and be responsible for it. The suggestion of “getting one of the servants to do it” is not specific enough.

6) Corgis ARE acceptable as travel bugs – but not real ones.

Once these issues are addressed, I will be able to approve the cache for listing, and I hope Your Majesty has great success with it.

Regards,

UK Approvers

PS: Any chance of an O.B.E.? Cheers!!

Not sure they have many Renoirs. But a cache would be an ideal place to get rid of all those unwanted gifts they get on foreign jaunts, rather than giving them to the butler so he can get charged with theft :huh:

How about an Afrika Korps uniform? (complete with hakenkreuz armband) :huh:

Only used once!

Cheers, The Forester