Gps Coordinates Listed With Address

tholt4

I suggested we post our gps coordinates for each branch (bank) on our company website and in the yellow pages for our "gps" customers. I think you will begin seeing this more widespread in the next few years as gps becomes more widely used by the yet uninitated. Those who wouldn't use it wouldn't care and those who would, would appreaciate it. This would seem especially helpful in a large uban area for those with routing gps. Besides, it would make your company seem technologically advanced. BTW, nobody warmed up to my suggestion. :rolleyes:

Too bad, it is a good idea. I am out of town on business and needed to find a bank or another business. I could easily do this if I had my GPS and the right coordinates. GPS's are going to become more commonplace, IMHO, and this would be a nice little tool.

What could it hurt?

I was recently looking for a few stores locally and someone sent me a list of the stores with the coordinates, so I had no problems finding them.

Edited by Papa Bill

It's a great idea. We vacation often and I always have my GPSr with me when were on the road so when it comes time to find a place to eat or shop...etc. I go to the GPS and search the points of interest to find them. I'm not sure of the process that companies go through to get their information to Mapsource's (GPSMap76S) database but the ones who don't, don't get my business.

Your idea is an interesting one, and a few companies have started doing this. Some do post coordinates to their stores on their web pages.

Unfortunately this really has nothing to do with geocaching. This would be more of a topic for the Off Topic Forum, but you do have to be a Premium Member to access that forum.

I'm sorry, but I am going to close this topic. Good luck in convincing your company to pursue this.