Signature Cards?

Goldie Locks

I have seen caches where in the logs people have left their "signature card" or "calling card". Why do they do this? I have also seen a sticker stuck on the page that they signed with their e-mail and stuff. Is this the same thing?

How do you feel about this and do any of you have a "signature card"?

quote:
Originally posted by Goldie Locks:

I have seen caches where in the logs people have left their "signature card" or "calling card". Why do they do this? I have also seen a sticker stuck on the page that they signed with their e-mail and stuff. Is this the same thing?

How do you feel about this and do any of you have a "signature card"?

While I can't speak for anyone who does it (I'm still working on getting a sig item/card) I think it's just another way to say hey I've been here. Plus it stands out more then just signing the log book.

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

Yeah, that's pretty much what they're for...saying that you've been to the cache. But, in a couple of the caches that I've been to, I've seen a card that not only says the names of the people that had found the cache, but what number cache find it is for them (like geocache find #18). I thought that this was pretty creative.

I created little signature cards, with my ID and website address on the front (and geocaching.com info on the back). Each card has space to write in a "tracking number" - which the finder can enter into my website and track, or just let me know they found it. (an informal kind of travelling bug, with the travelling part not necessarily required).

I then laminated the cards, punched a hole in them, and attached them to keychains of 3 types - flashlight, rabbit's foot, and little metal globe - which I'll leave in caches as my signature item. The item finder can then visit my website, learn a little about me, and let me know a little about them.

I thought about just leaving the cards - but figured they'd be more likely to be picked up if they were attached to something, and even signature card collectors could use a cute little keychain...

I Printed cards on business card blanks for a while and left them in the log book but after awhile I figured stickers would be better. It has a picture of Christine and I and our names and email address. The picture quality stinks though, I need to look into making it better.

We started using signature cards, then switched to stickers after Austin and Alotta ("Yeah baby!")left a very cool Austin Powers inspired funkadelic signature sticker in one of our logbooks. I use Image Composer to design the sticker, then I print them on regular label paper. Finally I cut the stickers out to the right size. I keep it small so it'll fit in most logbooks.

For those that are creative, AVERY makes different sized sticky back lables, and templates are in MS WORD to print them....

Graphics can also be imported to word, so with a little creativitry........

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------