Cache Attributes

Jeremy

Any idea on when the GPX file format might be modified to allow Attributes to be part of the Pocket Query files. As a person that geocaches with a dog it would be nice to be able to see "Dogs" / "No Dogs" on my cachemate file on my Palm. CacheMate says they'd love to support Attributes, but of course it's got to make it to the GPX file first. Paperless dog-cachers are at a disadvantage right now. People that use to mention dog status in the description of a cache have moved that information to the Attritutes insteading, leaving me in the dark, unless I pick caches first on the website, then switch to using my Palm.

Are there bugs in the Attributes in Pockety Queries? I am tyring to filter out "requires a boat" ones in my searches.

I double click on the appropriate icon the boat until it has the red line thru it. When I submit my queries and then take a look and NONE of the caches shows up! Anyone else have this problem in pocket queries???

Is this a known issue? Is it work inprogress??

Edited by Jayloki

Are there bugs in the Attributes in Pockety Queries? I am tyring to filter out "requires a boat" ones in my searches.

I double click on the appropriate icon the boat until it has the red line thru it. When I submit my queries and then take a look and NONE of the caches shows up! Anyone else have this problem in pocket queries???

Yes this is a known issue. What you were asking was for caches that have the 'boat not required' attribute (which can't even be set!) when what you want is caches that don't have the 'boat required' attribute. The whole search by attributes was not very well thought out.

Yes this is a known issue. What you were asking was for caches that have the 'boat not required' attribute (which can't even be set!) when what you want is caches that don't have the 'boat required' attribute. The whole search by attributes was not very well thought out.

I have to confirm this problem. ATTRIBUTES needs to have some work done on it.

I have to confirm this problem. ATTRIBUTES needs to have some work done on it.

Ok . Thanks for the info folks. I can't wait till they areworking 100%.

Are there any news about the attributes getting included in the pocket-queries?

I see this thread already quite old... But this issue is still open, is it?

Especially on holidays = especially when geocaching (!), I am often away from the internet, and my information then only relies on what I received with the pocket queries.

For a premium feature, it is not satisfying to miss the attributes, and other things like spoiler pics!

Regards from Switzerland :(

Cache attributes were implemented today. They were tested over the last week with a small group of geocachers and smaller tweaks were made in the code....

Will attributes be available in Pocket Queries?

Pocket Queries will not contain the attribute information until we update the specification for the GPX to allow this info. We did create an attribute feature in 1.1 but we'll most likely change it to another version to accomodate some new ideas....

Where do I post questions about attributes?

If you have questions about attributes, post them here and I'll try to provide you with answers if I can.

It has been almost 5 years. Will attibutes ever be included in Pocket Queries?