Etrex Vista Legend Colour

ok i need some help of my fellow geocachers here i need your opinions on this.

if i were to offer thease gps for sale could people tell me if you would buy them at this price.:o

please note they are not for sale i am just doing market research.

please note all prices are in pounds stirling.

etrex legend non colour---92.00

etrex legend colour----189.00

etrex vista colour---185.00

normal etrex---62.00

rino 110---85.00

rino120---105.00

rino130---129.00

please note i just want to know if those prices are any good do you think people would buy at thease price's

please help as you lot are the ones that have the power.

over and out windywalkers:lol:

thanks for that tadpole i have got the prices of the vista and legend mixed up i am not quite sure which base map they are this is the sort of thing i need people to say to me so ican go to the supplier and discuss before i make a commitment to them im sure i can choose the base map supplied but i will have to look into that.oh yes the price does include the vat so the price you see is the price you pay no extra's

thanks for taking time to reply i am grateful. :D

Edited by windywalkers

:rolleyes: the only problem i see with ebay is there are alot of scammers about ias i recently paid 150.00 pounds for a gps and it never turned up the cheque was cashed then the user now comes up as not a registred user on ebay ive repoted it to them and the police but both seem reluctant to help if fact the police say we probebly wont see the money again(good eh) when i tried through the bank to see where it was cashed all they can say at the moment is they think it was a cash a cheque spot.

also when ebay says check for good feedback this bloke had over 40 but apperently there are ways of getting feedback instantly to make you look like a reputable dealer.mind you this is the only time ive been stung on there but to be honest i dont think i will use again as i have received very little help on this issue.

cheers over and out windywalkers

Edited by windywalkers

While I would agree that you probably should get a standard erex to start out with. I have a Legend C and it is proving to be an excellent unit. For standard gps (Geocaching use) it is fantastic. For road use the base map lacks detail. I am currently using it with metromap which lacks auto routing but will most likely change to city select to make the most use of the auto routing features.

For general use the screen is very clear to read and the battery consumption reasonable. I have had both great and poor coverage depending on tree cover. Up to now I con confidently say I have had no DNFs due to the GPSr. Plenty to do with too many muggles about though.

Why is that?  I see there are canadian variations with only PMR enabled, why couldn'y we use those?  IS it the data aspect?

Canadian ones are limited to FRS (thanks hadn't noticed that before, must of changed since I last looked)...

BUT...sorry, FRS is still not PMR. Different set of Frequencies.

FRS frequency ranges are not freely public domain in the UK, therefore still not legal.

Edited by stonefisk