Newbie With What May Be A Simple ???

Semi;Colon

Forgive me if this question is too simple, but I have a brand new Garmin iQue. Whenever I use it as a route finder, the black triangle that indicates where I am on the map always stays on the last place I went. Is there a way to "reset" my black pointer to my own house so I can try another route?

If my problem makes no sense, here is an example. I used the GPS for directions to a store two towns away. I go to the store, I shop. Because I know the way home I leave my GPS off and drive home. When home I plot another adventure. I turn on my iQue to find a route (without turning on GPS because I am inside) and it automatically routes me from my last location (the store two towns away). I've read that manual until I'm blind but I can't find out how to let the map know I want to be at MY address, not one that I've routed too?

Any quick fix or should I just turn my GPS on every time I get home so the black triangle pointer will reset to my address? This could be a pain.

Thanks in advance for any advice if any you can offer. I'm keen to get the hang of this and start geocaching. I've got my eye on one hidden cache, but it's been buried under snow, I'm waiting for a thaw before I begin adventuring.

Semi;colon

Forgive me if this question is too simple, but I have a brand new Garmin iQue. Whenever I use it as a route finder, the black triangle that indicates where I am on the map always stays on the last place I went. Is there a way to "reset" my black pointer to my own house so I can try another route?

If my problem makes no sense, here is an example. I used the GPS for directions to a store two towns away. I go to the store, I shop. Because I know the way home I leave my GPS off and drive home. When home I plot another adventure. I turn on my iQue to find a route (without turning on GPS because I am inside) and it automatically routes me from my last location (the store two towns away). I've read that manual until I'm blind but I can't find out how to let the map know I want to be at MY address, not one that I've routed too?

Any quick fix or should I just turn my GPS on every time I get home so the black triangle pointer will reset to my address? This could be a pain.

Thanks in advance for any advice if any you can offer. I'm keen to get the hang of this and start geocaching. I've got my eye on one hidden cache, but it's been buried under snow, I'm waiting for a thaw before I begin adventuring.

Semi;colon

If it works the way I think it does (and I'm more or less speculating here, based experience with other Garmin products) the only way you can "reset" it, is to turn it back on so that it can find itself. It's just going on the last information that it had, so unless you give it new info, it doesn't know any different.

It doesn't know you're at home, and it doesn't even know where home is. A quick read of the manual didn't show a way to set the start point of a route other than by using the current position, but I didn't take the time to read it in detail. Most nav programs I've seen do allow calculating a route by giving a start point and a destination, but I don't know about the iQue. If it won't do that, I would consider it a serious shortcoming.

The only way to get your GPSr to show you at home, is to acquire/lock a GPS signal from home. It only displays where you were the last time it had a lock on the GPS signals, in your case, in a nearby town. Once it locks on the GPS signals again, it will update your display...Works every time!

"Bassmedic"