Ice

Peanuthead

My friends and I had our annual Flaming Geyser State Park campout this weekend. It's not really a campout, because we stay in the heated cabin, but Saturday night, the freezing rain was hanging icicles off of every leaf of the rhody in front of the cabin.

It was a very quiet place this weekend.

In Central Oregon on Saturday it was 18 degrees and raining--yuck! There was an inversion layer so we headed up to a snow park where it was 34 degrees. We took an easy XC ski to a shelter to check on one of my own caches which hasn't been logged since July. Lots of people on the trails but I guess no geocachers. Today is sunny and 50 degrees.

I posted this earlier, this seemed like a more appropriate place...

Weather was bad for us as well, left Whidbey Island at 7am and it was looking like a nice day. However, just as Steve Pool (KOMO) said, you just don't know who's coming to the party...warm air, cold air, wet air....well they all showed up. We left Tacoma headed back North around 4pm...Nothing but rain until we got to Conway where it began to snow. We got to Burlington, and the traffic started backing up. We pressed on towards Whidbey. Well, long story short, one 5 car pileup and one jackknifed truck...not to mention the ensueing traffic and ice (4" of snow) and the bridge (deception pass) was closed. It made our decision easy...

We got a room and spent the night in Anacortes. Got up this morning...and it was like nothing had happened...snow was gone, ice was nearly gone, 40+ degrees....Quite an adventure, errr, for the kids  :P

Guess it's like they say around here, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

DC

:o <----me driving on the ice yesterday!