Did You Have Geocaching Withdrawls?

GeoRoo

I tried to log on to geocaching.com tonight to log my finds and.........panic it wasn't working!......I see there was a power outtage. Good to see it's all back up and running again. What a great day to be out caching!......Mountains were incredible and just the right temp. to keep all the muggles at bay.

I tried to log on to geocaching.com tonight to log my finds and.........panic it wasn't working!......I see there was a power outtage. Good to see it's all back up and running again. What a great day to be out caching!......Mountains were incredible and just the right temp. to keep all the muggles at bay.

Lucy & I were out also and yes I have to agree it was PERFECT! The hands got a little cold early on but not cold enough to send us home. :D

Olympics, Cascades, Rainer & Baker all out in there White glory yesterday.

Pepper

I tried to log on to geocaching.com tonight to log my finds and.........panic it wasn't working!......I see there was a power outtage. Good to see it's all back up and running again.

I would have responded to this last night but even though the shakes had diminished to the point that I could use the mouse to point-and-click I was in no condition to type anything coherent. :ph34r:;)

We still have geocaching withdrawals down here. We can see the caches on the internet but can't get to them in the "real" world! ;)

L_IMAGE.101688cd0b5.93.88.fa.7c.ee86657.jpg

Freezing rain hits Portland, Vancouver

The following areas were closed Saturday morning:

-- Interstate 5 south of Wilsonville and Salem.

-- The Fremont Bridge

-- The Marquam Bridge

-- The Interstate 84 ramp to I-5

-- I-205 southbound at Airport Way

Parts of Ore. 99E, Hwy. 213 in Molalla and Hwy. 224 in Clackamas had patches of black ice.

I haven't geocached for about 10 days and I have cache withdrawls.  We're heading over Hiway 2 tomorrow and I have a few caches mapped out, and 2 of them are yours.    Hurry up tomorrow and get here.  Can't wait to find more caches.

Navigatorz, how did your caching day go yesterday? If you made it over this way you picked about the worst day in a long time for weather. What a constrast from the day before. I was planning on placing 3 new caches and only made it out for one. Freezing rain and snow with the wind blowing about 30 mph made for a miserable day to be out. I heard there were dozens of accidents on Hyway 2 east of Monroe, so hope you didn't get stuck in any of those.

Navigatorz, how did your caching day go yesterday?

Well we left Wenatchee a little late on Saturday and we found only 3 on hiway 2 (none were yours). Today found about 17 more in Redmond, Bellevue, and Fall City. We're returning home tonight but I'm afraid its going to be dark. Wanted to get your micros at Count the Rings and PRWandG. We might try with flashlights. The drive over yesterday was slow and icy. Saw a few accidents, none serious.

If you haven't already left you shouldn't have any problem grabbing PRW&G as it's a lighted parking lot. Count the Rings is a easy grab at night too as it's right next to Hy 2 and lighted well in that area. You may need a flashlite on that one, but is a quick grab. Skyriverblues new caches along 2 from Sultan-Index are quick easy grabs and shouldn't pose any problem at night. I live north of Monroe and I've never seen it this nasty around my place. Ground is frozen snow, ice and water. Looks like a frozen bayou swamp out there right now with a low fog. I was out earlier and could hardly walk it was so wet and slippery. I heard on my weather radio the snow level is going up to 8,000 ft or more for the week, so not looking good up there. Freezing rain in both passes, so not a good place to be driving right now I bet. Drive safe.

Weather was bad for us as well, left Whidbey Island at 7am and it was looking like a nice day. However, just as Steve Pool (KOMO) said, you just don't know who's coming to the party...warm air, cold air, wet air....well they all showed up. We left Tacoma headed back North around 4pm...Nothing but rain until we got to Conway where it began to snow. We got to Burlington, and the traffic started backing up. We pressed on towards Whidbey. Well, long story short, one 5 car pileup and one jackknifed truck...not to mention the ensueing traffic and ice (4" of snow) and the bridge (deception pass) was closed. It made our decision easy...

We got a room and spent the night in Anacortes. Got up this morning...and it was like nothing had happened...snow was gone, ice was nearly gone, 40+ degrees....Quite an adventure, errr, for the kids :P

Guess it's like they say around here, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

DC

:o <----me driving on the ice yesterday!

Freezing rain in both passes, so not a good place to be driving right now I bet. Drive safe.

Made it home ok tonight, but almost witnessed a head on collision. We were coming down the east side of Stevens (after the road divides and comes back together). I see in my rear view mirror a car starting to pass me (he's in the oncoming lane). Then it seemed, hey, he's sure taking his time passing me. I look again and he's beside me, taking his time, not a care in the world, and I'm thinking, "Does this guy realize we're back on undivided hiway?" So I start slowing down so he can pass me. Guess what? Just like I thought, He's now ahead of me and should be pulling back into my lane, but he doesn't. He proceeds driving in the oncoming lane. He really thought this was 2 lanes in the same direction. The yellow line was covered in snow, but I could make it out. Then we come to a curve in the road, there's headlights, and there it is...a car heading right for him. Immediately my heart starts racing. I was certain we were going to witness a head on wreck. The guy hits his brakes, fishtails, the oncoming car gets way over next to the snowbank, and I slow way down hoping we're not going to be part the wreck. Well, some how, don't ask me how, he fishtails into the correct lane, they barely miss and we all pass safely. But it took me about 5 miles before my pulse was back to normal. I hate it when that happens. Whew!!

Freezing rain in both passes, so not a good place to be driving right now I bet.  Drive safe.

Made it home ok tonight, but almost witnessed a head on collision. We were coming down the east side of Stevens (after the road divides and comes back together). I see in my rear view mirror a car starting to pass me (he's in the oncoming lane). Then it seemed, hey, he's sure taking his time passing me. I look again and he's beside me, taking his time, not a care in the world, and I'm thinking, "Does this guy realize we're back on undivided hiway?" So I start slowing down so he can pass me. Guess what? Just like I thought, He's now ahead of me and should be pulling back into my lane, but he doesn't. He proceeds driving in the oncoming lane. He really thought this was 2 lanes in the same direction. The yellow line was covered in snow, but I could make it out. Then we come to a curve in the road, there's headlights, and there it is...a car heading right for him. Immediately my heart starts racing. I was certain we were going to witness a head on wreck. The guy hits his brakes, fishtails, the oncoming car gets way over next to the snowbank, and I slow way down hoping we're not going to be part the wreck. Well, some how, don't ask me how, he fishtails into the correct lane, they barely miss and we all pass safely. But it took me about 5 miles before my pulse was back to normal. I hate it when that happens. Whew!!

OMG!!!!! That was close! Glad everybody's ok.

I'll second the Yikes!......I know that area well and it's been the site of many head on accidents over the years. They really do need to put up more warnings and durring the winter often times the signs can be covered with snow. My story from that area goes way back to when I was a teen on a trip to Lk Chelan in my brothers old Corvair van. The area where it splits to seperate double 2 lanes and you can't see the west bound lanes. I didn't realize that we were in the double lanes east. All of a sudden my brother pulls in to the left lane and says he's going to pass. He nonchalantly pulls up next to the car and stays there. I'm in the front seat of a Corvair van, so I was always afraid for my life in that death trap. Anyway, I'm starting to wonder why the heck he's taking so long to pass and any second another car is going to crash head on. We come up to a big sweeping curve and I really started to panic. I started screaming to get over and my brother is just laughing!.....Knowing how gutless that van was, I thought we were going to die. I started to beg him to get over and almost grabbed the wheel........then I saw the signs to merge to the 2 lanes and realized what was going on......;)