Sla Time-looks Like Internap Owes Some Refunds...

caderoux

I wasn't trying to start an argument.

I'm not saying Groundspeak could have avoided this - it sounds like a serious outage.

Not holding the service provider accountable will simply send them the message that there is no real penalty.

No need to start an unhealthy relationship, but you do need to send the right message - as business partners you each have obligations and you expect them to honor their side.

Not holding the service provider accountable will simply send them the message that there is no real penalty.

No need to start an unhealthy relationship, but you do need to send the right message - as business partners you each have obligations and you expect them to honor their side.

Having been involved in DR, and DR testing, you have to realize that sometimes stuff happens. If this was the first time there was a problem after many similar events it is more important to find out what happened, and how to prevent it again.

Sometimes just letting people know you are on top of things and maybe some Steelers playoff tickets will keep customers happy.

As we all know hindsight is 20/20. If I had the type of system that GC has at my office, I would not have purchased rack UPS's. To get enough is not cheap.

(brag about self section) Our building does not have a generator or battery, it has an "antique" battery data center UPS that tests out at 35 minutes. It works for the somewhat frequent 5-10 minute outages, but nothing long term. I have added redundant UPS's to redundant power supplies to all key equipment and infrastructure. I now get a text message if the power is lost (beyond the 35 minutes), and I have 4 hours to sober up and get into the office.