Voice Recorder Caches

Is there, or have been, any caches with a small voice recorder in them, to leave a message on?

Does anyone think it would be neat to have a theme, leave a message about it, and then be able to listen to them, at an outside web site when the owner uploads them?

Yes, the recorders can come up missing, but a well marked one?

They have come way down in cost.

1signature2zl.jpg

Our Jedi Series caches ended with a mystery cache in which we had a voice recorder with a short message for the FTF. It was a fairly inexpensive gadget that could only hold about 12 seconds. The device was obtained from some surplus science online supplier. The finders thought it was really cool although they ended up accidently erasing the message.

Team Geo-Jedi

p.s. we had considered using the device to give coordinates as part of a multi but decided it would take too much maintenance.

I left a mini-cassette recorder in the first cache I placed. It was very cool to go back months later (when winter hit) and listen through the logs. I still have the tape around here and would love to transfer the recordings to digital and upload them to the cache page.

I think it was especially fun way back then, when I was just getting started. Didn't know those people and had never heard their voices before. It would be fun to try again now, though. :-)

Hey look! I markwelled myself! here's where I brought up the question myself.

Bret

You are correct - ED - OP was asking about voice recorders as logging devices that could be used much as cameras are in many caches.

A quick look on Ebay shows that you can pick up an 80 minute digital recorder for under $10 (plus $8 shipping???) which puts a voice recorder as a not tto expensive option.

Team Geo-Jedi

In my early days as a geocacher, around three years ago, I visited a couple of caches that were supposed to contain micro recorders, but they were missing from both caches. Later on, (probably around two years ago,) I remember visiting a cache where a recorded clue was supposed to be on a micro recorder. The micro recorder, (one of those cheap keychain-types,) remained in the cache (attached to the logbook by a TB-type chain,) but the message it contained had been rendered unintelligible, perhaps by changes in temperature/humidity.

A good and cheap source are those little audio buttons that are meant to go inside stuffed animals. They hold about 5-10 secs of audio and can easily be superglued or epoxied on the inside of an ammo can. They can be found at most crafts stores or at one of those "Build-a-Bear" stores in upscale malls.

Is there, or have been, any caches with a small voice recorder in them, to leave a message on?

Does anyone think it would be neat to have a theme, leave a message about it, and then be able to listen to them, at an outside web site when the owner uploads them?

Yes, the recorders can come up missing, but a well marked one?

They have come way down in cost.

1signature2zl.jpg

Just recently I did a cache that had a voice recorder in as a trade item instead of trading for it I left a very nice FTF message on it and left in with the log book! :blink:

Pepper

We placed an urban voice cache in a telephone booth. To log your visit, you had to call this 888 number where the finder would hear a "Welcome Cacher - Congrats on the Find!" message. To log your find, you had to record your geocaching screen name. This cache really challenged cachers and got lots of hunters. However, someone kept peeling the sticker off the booth so we ended up archiving.

-- Puter --

Team BattleCache

Cash2Day.jpg