Listing of geocachers close to you

Zentreri

Not that I know of. Trying to find local cachers??

If you go to Dan's stats page you can bring up a list of cache finders in an city, or even whole state. But it will just bring up everyone who has found a cache there, not live there...

Where any given cacher lives is privacy issue, and unless they decide to tell, your not going to find out easily. Where are you from?

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

You'll figure it out, once you start to find a few caches, by reading the posts of the others who've been searching in your area... You could even start now! Look to see who always makes it in the first five finds - those are your die-hards!

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

Well, this isn't a programmatic solution, but you could have an event cache in your area, and see who shows up. It won't be a complete list of all cachers in your area, but it'll be a great list of people who are likely friendly enough to ask questions.

I pick peoples' brains at event caches. Cachers seem to like to talk about their finds, their GPSes, wierd experiences, etc.

I share mine, too, of course, although most cachers in this area have more experience than I do.

Shannah

P.S. I have hosted an event cache; if you want a hand, please feel free to email me.

quote:
Originally posted by RJFerret:

...but, you could post a message in the appropriate regional forum.

A scan of who has posted there would be a discrete way to determine such.

That may not be a good measure. You would only get those that come to the forums and happen to see the post. icon_frown.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg