Cog Spring Fling *new Date* April 30th!!

Swifteroo

Well Times have changed. Literally!

Our new event date will now be changed to April 30th. This was done for a number of reasons really.

1. Its drier at the end of April

2. Booking Pavilions is easier at the end of April

3. This gives us more time for Planning

4. and most importantly. We want to make sure JPJohnson can go! :D

I am sorry for the new post. The other can be closed CT. I just wanted to make sure that there was proper notification of the new date.

We are now choosing between 2 venues. Both will be fantastic options. Its just a question of which will be the most bestest. Please feel free to let me know who is in for this revised date.

We are looking at a few pretty cool activites to do throughout the day as well as new caches to be placed and found. If people are interested, we will likely be arranging an after-event pub outing of some kind. Also, I am not completely certain yet however depending on our venue, group camping *may* be available.

Looking forward to the 30th!

April 30th is perfect for me. Last week I found out that work has a conflict with the 2nd :-(

I'm only a 'newbie' (if Canada Post gets my package delivered as far as Algonquin Highlands this week!) but, I'd be interested in a 'central-Ontario' cache fling thing. BTW just where is Central Ontario ? I spent 35 years at Wawa, and considered it 'near' north. 

Well, that depends on who you ask. 'Central Ontario' starts somewhere north of Toronto, and extends up to a point somewhere south of Timmins. The western edge is generally agreed to be east of Lake Huron, and the eastern edge is probably somewhere not too far from Ottawa. Trying to narrow it down much more than that is probably difficult at best. :blink:

I am definitely in for the 30th.

I know there are ideas about parks already in the discussion phase, but I would like to suggest that maybe if we are planning a cito we might consider a provincial park. It would be a positive aspect of geocaching introduced to the park staff, and we can use as many positive provincial park encounters as we can get.

I know there are ideas about parks already in the discussion phase, but I would like to suggest that maybe if we are planning a cito we might consider a provincial park. It would be a positive aspect of geocaching introduced to the park staff, and we can use as many positive provincial park encounters as we can get.

We have pretty much decided upon hosting the event at Springwater Prov. Park. We have gotten preliminary details and we are confirming permissions with the parks staff currently. At the moment, barring any hiccups, it appears we will be able to do some temporary Geocaching activities within the park. For those of you that were at "Cache-In" up in Mattawa, it will likely be quite similar to the activities that were performed there. Some of the fun stuff that we have thought of do not in fact require placement of any geocaches, and will be more than available within the park, or outlying areas.

Apart from activities within the park, the actual area is littered with Simcoe County Forests which currently permit Geocaching, and will likely be used for more in depth Geocaching activities.

In regards to a CITO within the park, I couldn't agree more. There is no better thing that I can think of that will display Geocaching in a good light. The only thing I am thinking of CITO'wize is that there may not actually be much trash in the park! They do a very good job of keeping the area clean. Nonetheless, I am sure that springtime will reveal some more trash! :D