Another Uk Moderator

Lactodorum

Don't get too excited but at the moment both Eckington and I have a number of other commitments which is limiting the time we can keep you 'orrible lot in check :D:rolleyes:

Until things get back onto an even keel, Hydee has agreed to help out with moderation of this forum. Hydee is a "big cheese" at Groundspeak and we're honoured she's helping us.

Be nice to her :D

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have actually been around for a long time. In the past I was affectionately nicknamed by geocacher in this forum. "Gentle Hydee" (thanks Lance Ambu) lucky for me that one stuck and some of the other things I have been called didn't. :rolleyes:

The Hungry Caterpillars,

I uploaded a new photo for you to see, my little sister is the CUTEST!!!

aea8a42d-9a25-4949-9292-49a686559c29.jpg

If we need a temporary new moderator for the UK forum, could we not find a UK member willing to do it?

Actually to be honest there really isn't a difference in what I do now versus what I did before except that my name is listed. I am an admin on the site so I have moderator abilities site wide.

The only reason adding my name was needed was because without it I could not receive the "report this post" emails. I do not expect my presence to be necessary, I am really only a back up. If a post is reported the expectation of the community is that someone will look into the report.

The Lacto and Eckington have a few other commitments right now that are pulling them away for short periods of time. Rather than leave things unattended for that time period I offered to jump in as a back up.

As I said, I don't expect to be needed, but for them it is comforting to know that when they may have limited access over the next few weeks that support is there.

It does rather look like this forum would benefit from another permanent moderator, though.

This forum is far and away the busiest country forum, and is busier than many other forums with more moderators (though there's one that kind of destroys my argument :rolleyes:

What do others think?

NB: This should not be interpreted as an offer :D There are many UK cachers far better qualified than I.

Don't get too excited but at the moment both Eckington and I have a number of other commitments which is limiting the time we can keep you 'orrible lot in check :rolleyes::D

Until things get back onto an even keel, Hydee has agreed to help out with moderation of this forum. Hydee is a "big cheese" at Groundspeak and we're honoured she's helping us.

Be nice to her :D

So... you're busy calling in all those virtual pints... could be a while before you are back on an even keel :D

All this talk of initiation...Hydee...you really need to check out this cache Heidi's Hidey Hole

There ain't no whisky here, but there's metric beer (580ml > 1 pint), life saving red wine, and schnapps. And lots of cheese, more often than not melted into an alcholic mix, cunningly disguised as fondue...

2fd52eea-1e29-4db6-afd9-f251dc2b305d.jpg

I know it's considered bad form to promote one's own cache. Please don't moderate me :rolleyes:

Edited by bexybear
It does rather look like this forum would benefit from another permanent moderator, though.

This forum is far and away the busiest country forum, and is busier than many other forums with more moderators (though there's one that kind of destroys my argument :rolleyes:

What do others think?

NB: This should not be interpreted as an offer :D There are many UK cachers far better qualified than I.

but we are the best behaved :D:D:D

Rather than create a new full time moderator that may disturb the excellent arrangement we have, I would rather hydee do as she had done when called upon. Introducing herself, explaining what is happening and why, explaining it is temporary and does not alter the normal arrangements is excellent moderator practice in my view.

If, on the other hand, our two full-time moderators feel they need some full-time help then that is a different matter and the should be listened to.

However, if they insist on approving caches as fast as they do, that argument will need some work!

Hi Hydee

You know you're welcome here.

Have a cup of tea and a flick through the English - American Dictionary just to pass the time while you are here.

Here's a few to get you started:-

Easy - (A to E) Sidewalk, trunk, suspenders

Moderate - (A to E and E to A) pants, cheerio, lift, trail

Difficult - (E to A) irony, understatement

Good luck!