Unresponsive Tb Holder

Mastifflover

Try posting a note on the NYGO. I think I may have seen their geocaching name on that board and he lives in Vestal NY which would fall into their region. Other than that you could mark it as missing. Maybe they watch the bug page and would notice. Or you could find a replacement item and send it out with the copy tag.

Good luck.

It is possible that he never got your e-mails and has simple forgotten about it. I have a feeling that lots of people use throw away accounts for their contact addresses (or maybe you aren't getting by his spam filters).

Try posting to the bug page, and see if you can figure out another way to contact him.

I had a bug holder that did that once, I posted notes on all caches he owned, the bug was dropped off shortly thereafter.

Good Idea, I am quickly approaching the not so friendly stage. :rolleyes:

I'd keep things friendly though. Maybe something along the line of "I'm sorry to have to try to contact you this way, but I tried through your profile, and got no answer. I'm concerned about the fate of my travel bug that you are currently holding. I would appreciate it if you could drop it in a cache ASAP, so he can get on his way. Thanks a million." On every one of his owned caches might do the trick. You never know why he's holding it. Reserve getting mean until you know what is going on. Until then it could be a simple mistake.

I had a bug holder that did that once, I posted notes on all caches he owned, the bug was dropped off shortly thereafter.

Just did this with one of my bugs. my note was

I'm sorry to have to try to contact you this way and I apologize to those of you watching the cache, but I tried through your profile, and got no answer (I'm guessing I'm not getting past your spam filters). I hope by posting a note here you *might* see it more readily.

I'm concerned about the fate of my travel bug (Grover the Rover)that you are currently holding. I would appreciate it if you could drop it in a cache ASAP, so he can get on his way. Thanks a million.

We'll see what kind of responce I get.

Good Idea, I am quickly approaching the not so friendly stage. :rolleyes:

You'll get farther keeping it on a friendly tone.

I did notice the wink.

If they cache with someone often an email to them to have them remind their friend they are holding a bug works.

This worked for me. The guy's friend rescued my daughter's travel bug and released it after 16 months in captivity.

I especially recommend avoiding the hostile approach if the other cacher is even remotely close to being local to you. Bad juju often results.

Glad things worked out. You may want to go remove your notes from his cache pages since you have now made contact with him. Perhaps you already have and I am sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. :D

Good thinking, but yep I'd already thought of it. Took me a little while to actually get through them (site was running a little slow at the time), but they're all gone.)

(Grover's still not in a cache, but at least I have made contact...)

If he dosnet put the TB back out soon, e-mail me and let me know the name of the bug. I'm a member of NYGO and could maybe ask him "innocently" about the bug. kinda " hey I've been looking for that bug, when will you be putting it out".

Thanks Mick, its been over a week since I posted a note on all his cache pages and still no response. I don't want to cause a rift between any local cachers just would like to know what happened to the tb. If he lost it fine, but just ignoring me is unacceptable.

Just a quick question. How do you find all of the caches a person has placed. I've been wondering and this topic brings it up  (great idea by the way) I haven't noticed a way to do that.

Thanks,

MTW

Going OT

Hey wolfe3569

You have to go to your My Cache Page, after you log into GC.

Click on the “My Cache Page” tab on the left.

About 4 lines down, top left corner, is a line that says “Lookup/Email another player”.

Click on that line, it will open a new page. On the new page, there is a user fill in block, to "enter the players name" Ex.wolfe359 . When you press go you’ll get another page with a larger box. Next to the players name is “(view profile)”, click on the “view profile”.

I know see a pic of you titled me.jpg[/bi] and that you’re a premium member as of 11/07/04.

Now when I click on “User Stats” tab, it tells me you own 1 tb tag and you found 1 virt, and 26 regular caches.

Now that I taught you this trick, you must go hide two caches :P , or your profile page will self destruct! :)

Happy Caching! SF1

If he dosnet put the TB back out soon, e-mail me and let me know the name of the bug. I'm a member of NYGO and could maybe ask him "innocently" about the bug. kinda " hey I've been looking for that bug, when will you be putting it out".

Thanks Mick, its been over a week since I posted a note on all his cache pages and still no response. I don't want to cause a rift between any local cachers just would like to know what happened to the tb. If he lost it fine, but just ignoring me is unacceptable.

Don't worry, I'll handle it in a way that makes it look like I'm just after that particular TB.

Still no response and he logged on to the website Sat. I just left a note on all his cache pages. Maybe that will work. :mad:

Any luck yet? Grover has finally actually made it back in to a cache after 4000+km and 6 or 7 months of travel from his last cache. Horray!