Most Amount Of Days Between Caches

Skully & Mulder et al.

Checking my logs:

17 days*

9/9/2003-9/26/2003

16 days*

1/3/03-1/19/03

Must have been when I came down with yellow fever, Hepatitis A, polio, tetanus, typhoid fever and marlaria all in the same two week span. (that should teach me to try and do puzzle caches!)

*Excluding virts, LCs, certain Mystery caches, Webcams, Events, et cetera, et cetera.

In looking over my logs, I found 13 periods where I've gone ten days or more without finding a geocache. In many cases I've used these breaks to recover from a cache marathon, as was the case with my longest break, 36 days from mid November to mid December of 2003. Often during these periods, I will hide caches or perform maintenance on my existing caches.

Since on other days I've found anywhere from 30 to 240 caches, it all balances out. I could stop for six months and still be on a pace of more than one cache per day!

In looking over my logs, I found 13 periods where I've gone ten days or more without finding a geocache. In many cases I've used these breaks to recover from a cache marathon, as was the case with my longest break, 36 days from mid November to mid December of 2003. Often during these periods, I will hide caches or perform maintenance on my existing caches.

Since on other days I've found anywhere from 30 to 240 caches, it all balances out. I could stop for six months and still be on a pace of more than one cache per day!

You need to seek help. Start here and we'll evaluate the need for further therapy. gathering.gif In extreme cases like yours, shock therapy is usually required.

In looking over my logs, I found 13 periods where I've gone ten days or more without finding a geocache.  In many cases I've used these breaks to recover from a cache marathon, as was the case with my longest break, 36 days from mid November to mid December of 2003.  Often during these periods, I will hide caches or perform maintenance on my existing caches.

Since on other days I've found anywhere from 30 to 240 caches, it all balances out.  I could stop for six months and still be on a pace of more than one cache per day!

You need to seek help. Start here and we'll evaluate the need for further therapy. gathering.gif In extreme cases like yours, shock therapy is usually required.

Is there a locationless cache I can log for getting shock treatment???

In looking over my logs, I found 13 periods where I've gone ten days or more without finding a geocache.  In many cases I've used these breaks to recover from a cache marathon, as was the case with my longest break, 36 days from mid November to mid December of 2003.  Often during these periods, I will hide caches or perform maintenance on my existing caches.

Since on other days I've found anywhere from 30 to 240 caches, it all balances out.  I could stop for six months and still be on a pace of more than one cache per day!

Is there a locationless cache I can log for getting shock treatment???

Great job! You have just completed the first step... just stay out of the tupperware aisles.

62538f55-7c9a-4b47-ae5d-71d98e74e052.jpg

If I quit finding physical caches, I'd have to quit buying signature items. And that would put my local Petsmart store out of business. Dozens of pimply-faced teenaged cashiers and eager assistant managers in polyester pants will be out on the street. And that would be bad. There is a micro on the street right behind Petsmart. Muggles suck.

I've been on a steady decline since 11/10/2004 and have gone cold turkey since 12/25/2005. My son has had every imaginable complication since his surgery in November and has been hospitalized for most of 2005. So, I'm hoping this is not a long stretch but I won't be back out hunting until he is better.

On the plus side, he and I are making up ideas for cache placements. If the location is close enough, I get them placed when I walk the dog. We've come up with some great ideas so watch for the future placements.

PS - So this is not a downer, he is getting much better.

Seeing as I have been caching now for 764 days (18,336 hours or from 12/21/02 thru present day 1/14/05), the longest I have gone without finding a cache has been one 14 day period; I have two or three 10 day periods in there.

I didn't realize that it was that much of an obsession . . . .

Edited by brian b

As I took the ACTUAL time of looking up my caches to see what my time period was, akem: "Addict behavior" I noticed there was about a 3 week time frame that I hadn't found an actual cache, however also remembering that time frame I do remember actually being out there searching for 2 multis and having to calculate and recalculate and search 6 different areas to find these not so simple multi caches, akem: "Addict behavior", I don't believe you can actually count that time. So, I would have to say no more than a week at it's most. Even while waiting on getting a gps I used my EMT partners gps to find them, akem "Addict behavior". OK, so I like geocaching, I am so NOT nearly as ADDICTED as SOME people I know with over 600 caches....ummm, did I just admit addiction? No, no that was not I um that was uuhhh ok well, I will see you all at the anonymous event I am not going down alone on this one. hehehe ;)

Edited by VerticallyChallenged

Recently...131 days. ;)

8/8/04 to 12/18/04, due to classes that i am taking in medical science. Since I started geocaching i have learned to appreciate the seasons more. My mind feels like life stopped in August, cause i missed the entire Fall due to studying. Christmas just didn't seem right this year. I hoping to be able to get some caching in this spring, even though my classes remain the same as the Fall, till May.

I just don't have the patience to look at my logs but I am going to guess it is in the three week range (21 days for those of you who can't count).

OK - so I had to look:

11/27/03-12/20/03

23 days.

Now, what was the most amount of days in a row in which you have found a cache?

Signed up in 12/02, didn't even look for a cache until 6 months later, when I knew I was going camping on Sandy Hook. There was a virtual. Used the site to find good hiking spots only. Another 6 month period worked in there. Did not pay too much attention until last summer and have been kind of getting into it at this point. Have been going at lunch time for walks in the local places and getting a little exercise. Some of the best have been DNF's with my son. Give's us some time together, before each of us gets too old for this sort of thing.

Question for more experienced, How long did your longest cache approval take ? Not that I have any real burning desire to know.--Yeah right.

I just don't have the patience to look at my logs but I am going to guess it is in the three week range (21 days for those of you who can't count).

OK - so I had to look:

11/27/03-12/20/03

23 days.

Now, what was the most amount of days in a row in which you have found a cache?

Noticed that is the exact same period I didn't cache. What was going on then? Weather? Snow?

I was in Montana from late July to first week in October. The first month there, I logged several finds once a week. After that I went dry for a good month. I fished for large, wild trout wiht a fly rod so I didn't miss the game that much. This contrary to my career average which was about 2/day at one point. It's dropped a bit now, but still over 1 a day.