I would like to play, care to help? Tacoma, WA

Guest gmbear

Guest gmbear

Hello. I wanted to play in the game too. However I don't have a GSP device, nor can I afford to buy one any time soon. I was going to just have a cache for people to find. I used a web site to get my Lon/Lat but I was told that it isn't good enough to use for the game. Maybe somebody that lives in Tacoma, or who will be in the area can come by and tell me what my Lon/Lat is.

Here is my phone number in case you would like to come by the tell me when I am (253)474-7911 Ask for Eric please.

Here is what the web site told me my address is.

Decimal Degrees Deg:Min:Sec

Lat: 47.200958 47:12:3.449N

Lon: -122.424576 122:25:28.474W

Thanks

Guest Markwell

What you really need first is to find a cool place to hide the cache (nature-ish is nice, but cool urban places would work).

Then find someone willing to go with you that has a GPS. You'll need to have it there to be able to take readings of the exact lat/lon.

GPS units can be found very cheap - $100 for a little yellow Garmin eTrex new - and less than that on eBay. If you'd really like to play, I'd suggest checking that out. Sometimes you can even find units in this forum.

Guest gmbear

I have a neat place, well I think it's neat, and it is urban. I am not the sort of person that love the great outdoors. I can't be the only one so I figured that urban would be a good idea. On my income $100 is a LOT of money. I wish I could go buy a GPS device, well maybe next year icon_smile.gif Thanks

Guest gmbear

I have a neat place, well I think it's neat, and it is urban. I am not the sort of person that love the great outdoors. I can't be the only one so I figured that urban would be a good idea. On my income $100 is a LOT of money. I wish I could go buy a GPS device, well maybe next year icon_smile.gif Thanks

Guest dwr50

Check with your local Boy Scout Troop. Many of them have GPS units and might be able to help you out.

------------------

dwr50

"Full-Time RV'ers can REALLY cachin"