12v Power Adapter For Palm M125 (or Similar Model)

gnbrotz

I was wondering if anyone's bothered to use a 12v adapter for their PDA while out and about for the day. My m125 uses regular batteries, which I like because I'm never left wanting a power source while in the woods, but some days I like to use it a good bit while actually with my vehicle. A quick search turned up this source, while another showed a similar item, but called it stricly a "charger", not a power source, and didn't list the m125 on the compatability list.

I want to make sure that when I plug this thing in it doesn't blow up my alkaline batteries!

Lots of places sell USB chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter and have a USB port on the back for about $5. A regular Palm sync/charge cable plugs into this and provides power. If you don't have a cable, then you may as well buy a travel kit, which includes a cable, a 12VDC charger, and a 120VAC charger. You plug into whichever power source you have with the proper charger, plug the cable into that, and connect your Palm. You can also get a cable that will power both your GPS and your Palm at the same time. I use one of the 12V chargers in the cachemobile to power both for long trips, while I'm using mapping software for driving directions. I made my own cable, but PC-Mobile, Pfranc, and other places sell them ready to go.