Msn Buddies For My Young Un'

M3ZPY

Hi All,

The reason I am asking this is because my daughter thinks she is Billy no mates at school with this hobby and would like to make on-line friends with any of you good people's kids who are of like minded ideals!!

Plus all she does is bitch about other school-mates to her only other class mate on msn!!

I don't know if this is the correct way of going about this what with all the wierdies out there on the web but just to be on the safe side and for vetting purposes if anyone has kids who chat about caching on msn, could you mail me and I will add them as contacts for my young-un to natter to or vise versa.

cheers :D

Hey! I'm 37 today (Happy Birthday to me! - make a note in your diary for next year!). It feels great! :huh:

BTW - I reckon he meant getting your daughter to write an article :huh:

Oh, and I forgot to mention the original thread topic to my daughter last night. Must be my age. :huh:

:D Yeah I know it is starting to vear off a tad but happy birthday to you!

So back with the original thread - So far Ellen's cache group is equal to her school mates (4) so she is getting well pleased she is now nearly got an equal number of buddies but is still on the hunt for more like minded mates so keep 'em rolling!

I don't know if this is the correct way of going about this what with all the wierdies out there on the web but just to be on the safe side and for vetting purposes if anyone has kids who chat about caching on msn, could you mail me and I will add them as contacts for my young-un to natter to or vise versa.

MSN and other "buddy-list" based chat is far, far safer than the "anything goes" chat you find on IRC, AOL chatrooms, etc, because in general you exchange IDs with your mates offline (eg in the playground).

However, in this case, the problem is that we don't know that your daughter isn't really you pretending to be a schoolgirl :D Of course, I'm joking, but unless you can demonstrate a chain of cachers who have met and can vouch for each other all the way from you to whoever thinks their kids might like to chat to yours, there's a possibility for uncertainty.

I find it ironic to be saying this because I don't worry much about what my kids get up to online (that's another discussion), but I also deal with IT security for a living, so I can switch into paranoid mode when it's "necessary" (or merely "entertaining") to do so.

Stick with being paranoid but there is such a thing as profile checking too!! (my daughter is on the gallery plus she is mentioned on many of our finds)

and besides that I may have a trany stand-up nick-name but that is due to apreciating the humor only!!

Also school-girl uniforms don't really suit me ;)