Calgary Geocoins

ibycus

The Calgary geocoins arrived in Alaska on Thursday, April 7!

Sharp-looking shiny coin. Thanks for sending them up/over.

Given that we're in the process of creating Alaska's first coin, I can only imagine the work you all did to get the coins into our hands. Lots of details are involved from first concept to final design to distribution.

Edited by Ladybug Kids
This is Richard of the GeoCrickets I set out the money last week. I don't see my name on the list. So I would assume that you did not get my check yet.

Let me know when you do get it.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Just came back from the mail box. Your cheque was there.

Yep XRN95 is right (thanks XRN95, for some reason I keep missing replies to this thread). We opted not to track the coins. We felt generally that the coins would probably disapear way too fast to justify any kind of tracking ability.

As far as new orders go, I'd recommend you contact GPSCentral.ca they have a bunch in stock and are reselling them for me from here on in.

I hope to get the next lot in the mail in the next day or two.

Ibycus

What site do we track these on.  I would like to get one activated before an event across the river in Windsor this Saturday.

If you are interested I have made a forum for tracking these coins..

if you have found a coin just hit search at the top and type in *keyword* the coins number

I made this forum for anyone that would like to track there coins just make the topic name the number seen on the back of your coin

The link above will take you to the site.

No offence intented, but you're likely to cause more confusion by posting this here. It should be noted, that this site is in no way affiliated with anything 'official' what so ever. Just a guy who is trying to help out. There is some discussion going on in the Calgary Cachers forums right now about what we're going to do (if anything).

The main ideas that are being tossed around are

a) Create a new section in the existing Calgary Cachers Forums for geocoin 'tracking'.

B) Create a webpage where one could go, input a number and see who the 'original' owner of the coin was, and a link to their geocaching.com profile page, where you could e-mail them.

I think the only one supporting a seperate forum was "The_Master_11", so you are unlikely to see any links to this page off of the calgarycachers.ca website.

Edited by ibycus

Still not feeling the love. :unsure: 7 coins somewhere between Calgary and Central Wa. Those in Seattle rec'd theirs abut 5 days after they were shipped. My mailman is starting to get a little jumpy seeing me hanging out at the mail box everyday. I guess if push comes to shove, I will need to repurchase some?

Everyone who I've received money from should have their coins in the mail by the end of today.

The following is a list of people who I've received payment from. If your name isn't on this list, and you think it should be, let me know (Calgary Cachers who paid me in person are on another list).

Mauison, JCAR, peanutbutterbreadandjam, Team Tillery, Team Leggoes, Grandpa Rocks & Grouchy Gramma, Willcall, vds, bluegillfisherman, blazerfan, NightHawk, Team Nazgul, Ray&Rose, Keilia, Welch, ghostwriter13, Team LightningBugs, Pepper, superpuppy, JAMRASC, BlindAvocado, workerofwood, robinego, pghlooking, The4Bs, radcanhig, strapped4cache, Kootenay Pirates, PDOP's, Moun10Bike, Nurse Dave, Touchstone, hammerjane, Spencer's b, Mandimom, Shasties, Escout, thisismeisthatu, Sgt Stitches, Dagg, Go Jaybee, EdgeMonks, M&M Hunter, Barefoot, The Badge & The Butterfly, MRCOGEO, Doughball, Thorny1, TOP-PIN, Team Tecmage, shop99er, berryzang, Ladybug Kids, Lori Darlin, DaMenace, Rupert2, Clatmandu, RambleOn/Pattycat, FaceDances, Curious George, RedSknU2, wavevector, cpparrothead, justybug, kiltsurfer, joefrog, GeoCrickets, dhenning25, KC0GRN, QueenLynz, GoofyButterfly, Barnabasbenn, 9key, Defender1, Vargseld