Calgary Geocoins

ibycus

As far as payment is concerned I think the best for everyone involved is to send me a cheque (or cash) directly (I'll trust you all not to send me any NSF cheques).

Anyways, the cost per coin comes to $4 Canadian/coin. At current exchange rates (on x-rates.com) that works out to 3.25 US/coin, but I'm going to say $3.30/coin to protect myself from currency fluctuations as much as possible.

So, prices are as follows:

1 coin - $4 + 1.70 Shipping = $5.70 Canadian = $4.75 US

2 coins - $8 + 1.70 Shipping = $9.70 Canadian = $8.08 US

3 coins - $12 + 1.70 Shipping = $13.70 = $11.41 US

4 coins - $16 + 2.90 Shipping = $18.90 = $15.75 US

5 coins - $20 + 2.90 Shipping = $22.90 = $19.08 US

7 coins - $28 + 2.90 Shipping = $30.90 = $25.75 US

10 coins - $40 + 5.80 Shipping = $45.80 = $38.17 US

If you're paying cache, feel free to round to the nearest dollar.

Canadian orders will be subject to different shipping rates, items will be sent totally uninsured, untrackable (just like a letter). If this is unacceptable, I can arrange some other method of shipping on request.

The coins aren't going to be available for about another 6 weeks, so plenty of time to get your cheques to me.

Please send payment to

Dale Atkin

12 Country Lane Dr.

Calgary, AB

T3Z 1J2, Canada

Please include your caching handle, and e-mail address (and of course return address) with the cheque so I can make sure I get everything right when I send things out.

Some people are having some trouble finding this (don't blame them, as the thread is getting pretty long), so I'm going to quote it down here.

Here is the payment information...

Yep, but we're getting down to the last couple of days here. Just got the proofs in the mail. They look awesome. Now I have to decide on which metal to mint them in. Right now I'm leaning towards bronze (top right).

coins.jpg

so which did you go with?

oh, and what were the others? Im guessing upper left was copper, but what were the lover ones? gold & silver plate????

Top Left : Copper

Top Right : Bronze

Bottom Left : Brass

Bottom Right : Nickel Silver

The Bronze looks very much like a new canadian $1 coin, the copper a new penny, the brass actually looks very yellow, very much like the Canadian GeoCoins, and the Nickel Silver looks well like a Nickel.

Everyone I asked who actually saw the coins pretty much unanimously liked the Bronze best, but people I asked who saw only the pictures tended to pick the Brass.

As of right now, there are 116 left unspoken for. I'm not 100% sure where/when I'm going to cut off orders though, as that number includes any that I keep for myself (then again, I'm also pretty sure that at least *some* people won't come through with the dough, so....). Anyways, either post to the thread, or e-mail me, and I'll let you know. I *think* I'll hold back 50 for myself, but we'll see.

If I do run out, after a period of time, I'll assume that the people who said they were going to send me money and I haven't received, decided against it, and I'll sell their coins.

As far as payment is concerned I think the best for everyone involved is to send me a cheque (or cash) directly (I'll trust you all not to send me any NSF cheques).

Anyways, the cost per coin comes to $4 Canadian/coin. At current exchange rates (on x-rates.com) that works out to 3.25 US/coin, but I'm going to say $3.30/coin to protect myself from currency fluctuations as much as possible.

So, prices are as follows:

1 coin - $4 + 1.70 Shipping = $5.70 Canadian = $4.75 US

2 coins - $8 + 1.70 Shipping = $9.70 Canadian = $8.08 US

3 coins - $12 + 1.70 Shipping = $13.70 = $11.41 US

4 coins - $16 + 2.90 Shipping = $18.90 = $15.75 US

5 coins - $20 + 2.90 Shipping = $22.90 = $19.08 US

7 coins - $28 + 2.90 Shipping = $30.90 = $25.75 US

10 coins - $40 + 5.80 Shipping = $45.80 = $38.17 US

If you're paying cache, feel free to round to the nearest dollar.

Canadian orders will be subject to different shipping rates, items will be sent totally uninsured, untrackable (just like a letter). If this is unacceptable, I can arrange some other method of shipping on request.

The coins aren't going to be available for about another 6 weeks, so plenty of time to get your cheques to me.

Please send payment to

Dale Atkin

12 Country Lane Dr.

Calgary, AB

T3Z 1J2, Canada

Please include your caching handle, and e-mail address (and of course return address) with the cheque so I can make sure I get everything right when I send things out.

Some people are having some trouble finding this (don't blame them, as the thread is getting pretty long), so I'm going to quote it down here.

Here is the payment information...

;)

Okily Dokily :o. Once I have the coins in (should be the week of the 21st that I have them), and I've shipped to those who have paid, I'll start going over my list of people who expressed an intent to buy them, but haven't sent money and e-mail out to them.

It seems that the US/Canadian dollar ratio has changed more than I thought it would. To begin with I assumed that the ratio wouldn't drop below 1.20. The last batch of cheques I put in the exchange was 1.18. If anyone hasn't yet written out their cheques, I would appreciate it if you could assume an exchange rate of 1.15, so the new price table is as follows:

1 coin - $4 + 1.70 Shipping = $5.70 Canadian = $4.95 US

2 coins - $8 + 1.70 Shipping = $9.70 Canadian = $8.43 US

3 coins - $12 + 1.70 Shipping = $13.70 = $11.91 US

4 coins - $16 + 2.90 Shipping = $18.90 = $16.43 US

5 coins - $20 + 2.90 Shipping = $22.90 = $19.91 US

7 coins - $28 + 2.90 Shipping = $30.90 = $26.87 US

10 coins - $40 + 5.80 Shipping = $45.80 = $39.83 US

It seems that the US/Canadian dollar ratio has changed more than I thought it would. To begin with I assumed that the ratio wouldn't drop below 1.20. The last batch of cheques I put in the exchange was 1.18. If anyone hasn't yet written out their cheques, I would appreciate it if you could assume an exchange rate of 1.15

Let me know if the exchange rates affect my order.

I'm more than willing to make an adjustment for world currency up's and downs.

Thanks!

LoriDarlin, I have updated your order.

Thanks Damenace

Barefoot, and anyone else who has sent the money in using the old chart, don't worry about it. The difference isn't that much that I'm going to worry too much about it. But if you haven't yet written the cheque, I'd appreciate using the new chart.

Thanks.