Cannonball Race 2005

CBR2005

Not sure how to generate a map page with all that info, but have you considered a downloadable .loc or .gpx file? At least that way, folks can import them into any mapping programs they have to see the locations for themselves. Google Earth supports the import of LOC and GPX files, I assume many other programs do as well.

Well, I finally got to set up and link the CannonBall Race Map pages.

Stats Update - Race Stat Page

Map Pages - CBR Maps - there are 3 so far!

First map, is the USA with CBR tb's Plotted.

Second map, is a zoom of the NorthWest, where most tb's are located.

Third map, is the USA showing "X" on the west coast as the start, "Y" on the NorthEast coast showing the mid-cache. The flags are the finishline, and the Finishline cache!

I also updated the movements prior to 12/14/05. There have been no movements in the last week.

Race On!

CBR2005

Is it too late to congratulate another finishing racer from the 2nd annual Cannonball Run? That's right, the 2003 race. We just recieved Scooby Doo Xmas Mystery Machine - warn from wear and limping in on three wheels. Talk about tanatious, this racer out lasted the judges, the score keepers, the crowds, the finish line cache... I think they deserve a big round of aplause!

Now if we can just locate the owner. LOL :rolleyes:

Congrads Scooby Doo,

You finally got back to your task, and stopped eating doggie biscuits! :(

I actually handled this particular tb right after the start of the race! :(

I’m glad to see that some tb’s are still making their way towards the final! I just hope that the rest will someday finish! <_<

Congrads again Scoooooobbbbbbiiiieeee Dooooooooooooooooooooooo! :huh:

Never give up! :(

CBR2005

Yeah, yeah yeah! LOL :rolleyes:

I know I said I was going to update them on a daily basis, but I’ve been so involved locally doing many geo-related things, and don’t have the tech-ability to automate the system as we once had planned. My only computer programmer was unable to assist me. Therefore all the updating it done the hard way – manually! I have a much more appreciation factor, for the past CannonBall Race Officials and Updaters than ever before! It isn’t as easy as I thought it would be to keep the race updated! So I’m trying keep it updated on a weekly basis, usually on a Monday or a Thursday! :rolleyes:

BTW: Many of the Tb’s have been running in circles out west, some move in the right direction, then get diverted in the wrong direction! Others have been “muggled”. I too, though for sure we would have had a winner by now.

Look for the 2006/07 CannonBall Race info to made public in the near future!

Race Results Updated today.

Map Pages - CBR Maps

Keep On Racing ! :(

CBR2005

Yeah, yeah yeah! LOL :rolleyes:

I know I said I was going to update them on a daily basis, but I’ve been so involved locally doing many geo-related things, and don’t have the tech-ability to automate the system as we once had planned. My only computer programmer was unable to assist me. Therefore all the updating it done the hard way – manually! I have a much more appreciation factor, for the past CannonBall Race Officials and Updaters than ever before! It isn’t as easy as I thought it would be to keep the race updated! So I’m trying keep it updated on a weekly basis, usually on a Monday or a Thursday! :rolleyes:

Hey CBR2005, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I really meant thanks for updating the stats. Once a week is fine for me. I have often had to resort to the manual way of doing things too, so I know how much time and effort it takes. So thanks for taking the time to update the web site!

Team GeoDillo

Hey CBR2005, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

So thanks for taking the time to update the web site!

Team GeoDillo

Hey Team GeoDillo,

It wasn’t taken as sarcastic . So don’t fret!

I was really just making a statement to myself, more so than anyone else!

I just hope the next race we have more entries and don’t loose so many tb’s to mugglers/and misfit cachers -14 of the 29 are MIA to date, for various reasons!

If I showed you my spread sheet, it looks like a street light with the “red text”that have been MIA and the “green text” that are still alive, then the "yellow text" that have some type of “official” problem with them.

BTW: You and everyone else are welcome. After all you guys and gals are what make the race!

CBR2005

Yea it is, are you losing your luck or what? :laughing::mad:

Hi Welch...

Yes, I guess this time I've lost most of my luck as I'm not even in the top 3. But you know the old saying from the Tortoise... "Slow but steady wins the race!"

See you at the finish line.

Scott of Team GeoDillo

Speaking of the finish line, my remaining racer just got paroled last week from the cache it was in for 8 months... who knew a difficulty 4, MOC, in west Montana didn't get found that much? :laughing::laughing:

But I suppose the view would have been great :blink:

(added)

Edited by welch

Race Results updated today!

Map Pages - CBR Maps

On Race ! :blink:

CBR2005

Greetings Racers,

Sorry for the long, over due, update!

CBR Race Headquarters was dead smack in the middle of what’s now become the “October SURPRIZE Storm”! It wasn’t the two feet of snow, but the trees and limbs that caused the problems! We lost power, phone service, and broadband. Some only lost power for a day or two; others were without for ten days! But, we have all gotten thru it in pretty good shape.

Now on to the race results, for this update.

There were several racers that made progress on this update! Actually, I think there were only two; that didn’t move!

Good Luck, and race on!

CBR2005

Hey Marmulade

Thanks for the bump. I was actually doing an update then.

That was until I found I had email tb notice problems. For some reason, I only received three notices by that time, since the last update. Only one, was an actual move! So now I’ve got two accounts watching the bugs. Hope that solves that problem.

I’ve also revised the Travel Bug Stat Tables:

Table 1) shows the active paid tb's.

Table 2) shows the active un-paid tb's.

Table 3) shows all the MIA tb’s.

Hopefully , this will help speed up the updates.

I forgot to post in these forums that I updated the pages, back on 01/14/07.

Sorry for the oversight!

Race Results update at the usual spot!

Map Pages - CBR Maps

On Race ! :huh:

Good luck racing!

CBR2005

Edited by CBR2005

Greetings TB Race Owners and fans,

After resolving the last problem, back in January, we ran into another crippling one in February.

The CBR Command had a computer meltdown. :laughing: Command central lost all Race Data files and we then lost the computer. :P

I finally got a newer central command center and the real work, then started.

It’s taken me awhile to rebuild and verify all the required files and data, and to continue to plot the race stats.

I’ve updated the latest results today at High Noon (EST), and posted them at the usual location.

Now that the update is done and uploaded, please check your tb stats.

If you find a mistake in your tb’s stats, please email me at cannonballrace2005@yahoo.com and I’ll fix it asap.

Thank you for your understanding, and I'm sorry for the disruption with the race result updates.

Race Results usual spots!

Map Pages - CBR Maps

Race On! :laughing:

Good luck racing!

CBR 2005

Edited by CBR2005

Greetings All,

Sorry for the late log here, on GC!

I updated the race results on the 5th and again on the 7th, and forgot to post a note here, again.

It seems some racing tb’s have dyslexia and keep trying to head in the wrong direction :unsure: – LOL.

Any way the updated results are at the regular place.

Map Pages - CBR Maps

Let’s try and get these tb’s moving in the right direction! :)

CBR 2005

New update, please? One more of my racers is out, probably.

I'll shoot an email to CBR2005 under his Tippy Top Secret true identity. I can tell you he's a highly involved in weekend-long event cache that starts tonight though. Probably left already.

I also can tell you there really was a winner (and other finishers) in the 2004 Cannonball run, and it actually all happened in 2004. :D