Offensive Avatar?

Squrl

It has been brought to my attention that my Avatar might be offensive. I understand that this is a family friendly site and offending anyone was the last thing on my mind. My family and I thought this avatar was funny and we never thought fo a second it was crude or dirty. My children's ages are 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. I know that you can never please everyone, so if my peers find my Avatar might be offensive to children I will modify it. I will start it off with a questionable Avatar on this family friendly site, let say a dog eating a small cute rodent?

I'd also like to point out that this has nothing to do around caching. Please bring it back to something caching related and not "Look at me! I'm such a rebel!"

Does that mean the OP should take his balls and go home? :laughing:

"Divine rips a page out of AuntieWeasel's fieldbook...."

I laughed a little. I'm easily amused. I find that picture far less offensive than many things I read in here.

I sincerely hope that those who are offended never take their kids to the sheep corrals on exhibit at the State Fair. Now those are out of proportion. ;)

Back to geocaching-I like it. I like it a lot. I'm even planning to find some when I go to Vegas for a conference :o next week. :)

I don't think it is appropriate myself.

I will say that the OP started the topic after a PM from me. A post was reported and the reference was that they were offended by the avatar and requested that it be removed. I sent a PM asking the he consider changing it.

Edit: BTW... I am not offended, I just don't think it is appropriate.

Edited by mtn-man

As a parent of young children, a member of the male sex, and as a sex educator for kids (in a religeous setting), I still have no problem whatsoever with the avatar in questions. If the image initiates conversation, even if uncomfortable, between kids and their parents, then I would consider it a community asset.

In response to Autie Weasle, remember, it is labeled think big. Different dreams for different folks. :o

I'll go with the "I am not offended, I just don't think it is appropriate." vote here.

I'll also second the "Even if I had small kids I wouldn't let them read this forum" vote.

Comment: Seeing livestock at the county is a whole other kettle of fish. If this were an actual picture of an actual chipmunk/ground squirrel, there would be no discussion. The grossly exaggerated (unnatural) anatomy is the whole point of the avatar. And incedentialy the discussion.