Would This Idea Work For A Cache?

Resolution

Hubby and I have been caching for 10 days now and have 5 finds under our belts. So of course we're thinking about placing our first cache. And it can't be the normal cache, it's got to be unique. Of course it does because now we're experts, ya know? :huh:

Seriously, we have an idea for our first cache, but we're not sure if it would be "doable". We want to make a He Said/She Said cache. The idea is that it would be a multi cache with the first stage directing the cacher to choose a route, either the He Said route or the She Said route. There would be two more legs to each route, ending in a note in a micro, giving half the coordinates for the final cache. Of course you need to take the other route to get the other half of the coordinates. Putting the information together would get you to the final cache, which would be in a traditional ammo box. The cacher wouldn't know he has to travel both routes until he got to the first micro.

Has this been done before?

This sounds pretty interesting to me....the way I would approach it as a cache hunter would be for my wife to follow the She said and I would follow the He said, then when we got there, radio each other with what we found. Knowing it was a multi, we would figure that there would be addtional steps along each leg. We'd both like to do one like this, I'm sure. Go for it.

Hank

This is close as I can get: His or Hers? by by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

They're some cachers I've heard of, from someplace.

Still, I like your idea.

That cache must be far from civilization or something....placed like 6 months ago and one logged find. Not even any notes or DNF posts...

But a question about the cache idea being discussed. Do you mean to say that there are two routes, which split again? leaving you with 4 possiblilities, 2 with micros, 2 without? If so, are there coordinates for all 4, so they don't just go down the trail looking around everywhere, or do you have to figure it without them?

But a question about the cache idea being discussed. Do you mean to say that there are two routes, which split again? leaving you with 4 possiblilities, 2 with micros, 2 without? If so, are there coordinates for all 4, so they don't just go down the trail looking around everywhere, or do you have to figure it without them?

It would be a starting point that branched into two routes, each with a midpoint and ending with a micro. Inside each of the two micros would be information that gives half of the final destination coordinate and instructions to go back and do the other route to get the other half of the final coordinate). Putting the two final coordinate pieces together would reveal the location of the final destination and the cache.

This is close as I can get: His or Hers? by by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

They're some cachers I've heard of, from someplace.

Still, I like your idea.

That cache must be far from civilization or something....

It is. :huh: There is a Good reason - that was the *only* place that would work for this particular cache.

Resolution,

Welcome to the fantastic world of Geocaching. Where a unique cache is limited only by asking if it is Okay, of people who are rather set in their thinking on what a cache should be like.

We have thought of different ways to do caches & gone ahead with them & then tell others about them on the forums. Some people say things like it will never fly...but those who have done our caches really enjoyed them (whether they log a find or a Did not find). We have several people who travel quite far just to do our caches (those placed as the 2oldfarts and as Team Dragonfire).

We think your idea sounds like a great cache & we would go find it & have a great time doing so.

If you place it & it does not turn out as good as you hope, then you could adjust it according to the logs. (It's called tweeking it) We have been known to do this every now & then.

Good luck & have tons of Fun!

Shirley & John~