Give Away: Monthly Premium Membership

Milbank

Count me in.

I belong to another site, not related to Geocaching, firearms actually, and they call this Karma.

People give things away all of the time. I got a book and a DVD. People give away all sorts of stuff. Someone actually gave away a handgun once.

This is a good idea, and it reminds me of another good idea:

Why not offer one month of free premium trial memberships to everyone who is signed up here?

That way, people could get a taste of it and have a more educated decision on becoming a premium member on the pay basis...

I would like to give away a one time one month Premium Membership.

Anyone that does not have a Premium Membership can sign up for the give away.

Just post something here so I have your username for the drawing.

I know it's not much of a give away being it only has a value of $3, but I'm doing it anyway. <_<

Not sure how long I will let the sign up run.

I'm thinking a week or two at the most.

Kind of depends on how active the sign up goes.

Good luck to all that enter........

I'm in...

This is a good idea, and it reminds me of another good idea:

Why not offer one month of free premium trial memberships to everyone who is signed up here?

That way, people could get a taste of it and have a more educated decision on becoming a premium member on the pay basis...

I love creative marketing! You should join the Today's Cacher team.

El Diablo

<_<

If I could aford it I would.

Edited to add: I maybe should have said this different. Even if the funds were there to be able to make this possible it would make my simple give away a lot more complicated.

Just a reminder this give away is now for a full one year premium membership.

and please no more offers or pledge to help with the give away.

Edited by Milbank
I would like to give away a one time one month Premium Membership.

Anyone that does not have a Premium Membership can sign up for the give away.

Just post something here so I have your username for the drawing.

I know it's not much of a give away being it only has a value of $3, but I'm doing it anyway. B)

Not sure how long I will let the sign up run.

I'm thinking a week or two at the most.

Kind of depends on how active the sign up goes.

Good luck to all that enter........

Something

Speaking of which is the premium membership worth the money for newbies? I've read what it has but not sure if it would be right for me? Is there a way for them to give us like a grace period for newbies? I think that it might help with memberships if they gave like one month free to new members and then if they didn't want/need/use the service after that then the account might go back to being a normal account? Just a thought of course! :D

Thanks for the offer, maybe if I get it I will be able to tell what the benefits are that makes sense to others. B)

Dale

Speaking of which is the premium membership worth the money for newbies? I've read what it has but not sure if it would be right for me? Is there a way for them to give us like a grace period for newbies? I think that it might help with memberships if they gave like one month free to new members and then if they didn't want/need/use the service after that then the account might go back to being a normal account? Just a thought of course! :D

Thanks for the offer, maybe if I get it I will be able to tell what the benefits are that makes sense to others. B)

Dale

The value of a premium membership is in the eye of the beholder. What may be valuable to me, could be useless to you.

Having said that...

Generally speaking, the feature that most premium members use is Pocket Queries. These queries allow you to download up to 500 cache listings in one swoop. No screen scraping necessary. Coupled with GSAK, CacheMate or other software, this is a big time saver and good for finding the types of caches you want to find.

Then there is the members-only cache feature. Some people think this is elitist, I think it has its' uses. I plan a MOC this spring to replace a regular cache that had been repeatedly misused.

Finally, there is the Off-Topic forum that is available to paying members. This allows those people who want to talk about anything a place to do so. I've never looked in this forum, but since it showed up, the signal to noise ratio in the rest of the forums has generally gone up.

I never win anything but hey it sure would be nice to get a taste of what the Premium membership really get's you.

I too like the idea of 'gift cards'... in the mean time maybe what you could do is leave a card with your email address and a code number, and an explaination of the offer. Whoever finds the card just have to email you to redeem the offer and you just have to manually pay for the premium account. Just a thought until if/when GC.com manages to implement the idea.

Wow, can you enter me in the drawing please. It sure would be really neat to try the services before I actually by into the program. You are a very kind individual to offer such a drawing. One good dead always leads to another good dead. I am pretty sure everyone will remember this and possibly do another drawing like this. Thanks in advance.

Me too

and the winner is top pin!

Congrats ;)

Top pin,

Check your email. I emailed you from your geocaching profile page.

Wait, i have a Supreme court order for a recount. there is something wrong with the selecting method in which the odds are not in my favor. There must be a recount. :huh: lol

steve ;)

but seriously, congrats top pin

Edited by st3roadking