Spoilersync Automation

Having played around with the excellent SpoilerSync software that downloads spoiler photos to pocket devices. I have to say it does an excellent job - well done keith.

For those of you using Plucker and GSAK I have created a guide which Keith has kindly loaded onto the FAQ section of the SpoilerSync website. This means you can setup the downloads to run completly automatically from a GSAK macro.

Hope it is of use.

Chris

Hmmm,

Well its lashing down, you have walked a couple of miles to gain all 6 parts of a multi cache, you've searched for an hour in every possible place, you decrypt the clue and it says "see photo". Thats when you need spoiler photos!

For us the pleasure in caching is discovering new and interesting locations - looking ubnder every rock on a mountain side has never struck us as an interesting way to spend an afternoon!

Chris

Chris

I'll ignore Birders' spoiler above and ask my daft question.

I have spoiler sync and all the requsites including GSAK. Indeed I have run spoilersync then manually put them on my PDA. But what is Plucker and do I need to have that aswell? If so where from? or is it part of the program already?

OK 3 questions, I told you I was daft.

Alan

Edited by Algy

Exactly a week after finding Fossil Transfer, I can verify that you'd need an inordinate amount of time on your hands to find it on your own without the "spoiler" photos. It took me half an hour of searching, and I had the official picture clue (not the rather more useful spoiler photos, unfortunately!). Great cache, although I'd rather that caches didn't rely on spoiler photos too much...oddly it seems to me that worded hints work better anyway.

HH

sorry to bump this thread but this information may be of use to some of you.

navigating to the spoilers in the list of jpg and html files is a bit of a cumbersome process (especially whilst walking on uneven ground and holding a gps in the other hand). However by creating a custom url in gsak for the spoiler location and then exporting to html the filtered caches, I now have a list of caches sorted by name,distance or whatever and when I click on the cache itself I get the details, logs, hints and a link to the spoiler html with the pictures in it.

All you need to do is include the line <b><i>!spoiler=file://\sd card\my documents\spoilers\%code.html</b></i> in your custom url's from the Tools menu, options, html tab. Note the ! in front of spoiler tells gsak to use this url in the export. The location of the html file can be obtained by using file explorer to browse to the file on the pocketpc and then double clicking on it. This will load the file into pocketie and you will then see the url string that you need to replace (as it might be different to my example)

All you need to do is include the line <b><i>!spoiler=file://\sd card\my documents\spoilers\%code.html</b></i> in your custom url's from the Tools menu, options, html tab. Note the ! in front of spoiler tells gsak to use this url in the export. The location of the html file can be obtained by using file explorer to browse to the file on the pocketpc and then double clicking on it. This will load the file into pocketie and you will then see the url string that you need to replace (as it might be different to my example)

'kin 'ell..... that sounds like a complete nightmare!!! :rolleyes:

If there ain't a button for it, it don't get done. I'll stick to my non automated, steam powered way of doing things, thank you very much. I tried to create a simple macro thingy for GSAK recently and failed miserably so the thought of trying to automate stuff in two or more different programs is almost terrifying :(

If there ain't a button for it, it don't get done. I'll stick to my non automated, steam powered way of doing things, thank you very much. I tried to create a simple macro thingy for GSAK recently and failed miserably so the thought of trying to automate stuff in two or more different programs is almost terrifying :(

.....wasn't it you who write a week or so ago about spending your time making "Life or Death" decisions.??

:mad::rolleyes::(;)