Painting Rubbermaid?

slapshot52

Has anyone come with across a good way to paint a plastic Rubbermaid/Tupperware container? I have found a few caches where the owner attempted paint them a darker color so they would blend-in better, but the paint does not seemed to have “stuck”. From reading the forums it looks like ammo cans are too tempting to steal for some poor misguided souls (insert profanity here :huh: ), so if I can’t paint a plastic container green, does anyone have a low cost suggestion for a green plastic container?

Has anyone come with across a good way to paint a plastic Rubbermaid/Tupperware container? I have found a few caches where the owner attempted paint them a darker color so they would blend-in better, but the paint does not seemed to have “stuck”. From reading the forums it looks like ammo cans are too tempting to steal for some poor misguided souls (insert profanity here :huh: ), so if I can’t paint a plastic container green, does anyone have a low cost suggestion for a green plastic container?

They make camo duct tape.

I tried the Krylon fusion. Not too happy with it.

I painted a Rubbermaid container, yes I sanded it lightly first.

After the paint was dry, about 48 hours, I put some stuff in in for weight and immersed it in a pail of water for 3 days then took it out and let it completely dry.

The paint just flaked off.

Not saying that all will have the same results, but that's what I found.

I'm sticking to ammo cans and Wal-mart match boxes. They work.

Camo tape will work also and I have used it, I am not crazy about the tape becasue the stuff I have seen and that I have has a glossy finish that I do not like.

There is cloth camo tap found in many hunting supply stores that doesn't have a glossy finish. Also, the camo duct tape I found in the Realtree pattern wasn't nearly as glossy as other camo duct tapes I've seen. It looks quite natural when hidden.

Here's the pattern:

green_pattern_thumb.jpg

My only regret was not buying more rolls. Walmart is sold out. Perhaps it was only a hunting season product.