Who Would You Like To See Interviewd

How about you guys pick 5 states and three countries a month and interview a cacher from each of those states/countries? Then have an international issue twice a year or so. I think it would be a cool idea to try. The articles could be short and sweet but still informative.

-Jennifer

going on your 5 states idea made me think maybe like a regional interview every issue. Like check out "The Best Geocaching in the Northeast" and stuff like that. Like try the states Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. Or something of the sort. My area doesn't have a crapload of caches, but the ones here are pretty good (save some crappy caches--theres bound to be at least a few) But I'm basically a noob with 17 under my belt, but there are several people in my area well in the hundreds. (i know thats not a lot nationally) but i mean you have the broad range too..

Auntie Weasel please :huh:

Good heavens! If weasels could blush...

Actually, I'd be a terrible pick; I have occasional bouts of public cruelty and mean-spiritedness which make me an unsuitable representative in any PR effort. I was going to say "house organ" -- because, you know, I really like saying "house organ". If, however, you seriously are craving an extra stoat fix <flog, flog>, my personal website is my username dot com (as distinct from fieldnotebook.com, which has all the naughty words cut out).

I'll second two previous posters: I'd like to hear from Garmin (or Magellan, I guess), and I'd like to hear from the military types who were involved in developing the GPS system. And I bet you could get them to talk to you, too, because both corporate types and military types are much concerned with image and reaching out to the public these days.

UsMorrows & 9key & Moosigirl and The Outlaw (These are the undisputed leaders of Texas Geocachers even though they never aspired to be such which is exactly WHY they are.) :huh:

I would have to agree with these nomination and would like to add Mudfrog, Chicken and Chance Encounter. From what I hear they can put together one heck of a Multi/Puzzle/event cache.

UsMorrows & 9key & Moosigirl and The Outlaw (These are the undisputed leaders of Texas Geocachers even though they never aspired to be such which is exactly WHY they are.) :)

I would have to agree with these nomination and would like to add Mudfrog, Chicken and Chance Encounter. From what I hear they can put together one heck of a Multi/Puzzle/event cache.

I was at that event. It went from 6AM until 10PM. We had a blast.

I have the greatest respect for those three. It would be a good interview.

They are also monster hikers. I did a 14.7 mile hike with them and a larger group, back in late March of last year. It kicked my butt. I came in dead last, about 20 minutes behind, but those three hardly broke a sweat. Chicken didn't even have a hair out of place. I, on the other hand, looked like the dog some redneck forgot he had tied to his bumper. :wub::laughing:

www.geocachingtoday.com (the sister mag of Today's Cacher in the UK) did an interview with CCCooperagency not too long ago.

You can find it here

best regards

Inuk

Love that avatar, Inuk. (Rush, Test for Echo)

I vote for Briansnat, a prolific hider of quality caches and grand-champion forumposter from The Garden State. :laughing:

Ummmmmm, how 'bout Wil Wheaton. ;)  :)

Has he actually done any caching since the last time he mentioned it on his website? :o

Ehhh... I don't know about that guy. I and some other cachers created a tribute cache for him RIGHT IN HIS OWN NEIGHBORHOOD called "Dancing With A Barefoot Geek". He never hunted it. Nowadays does not count himself as a cacher either. Ah well... nice try, I guess.

Stew of the Weimcache team working in NC, just now. He has orders for Iraq and will be caching there . . . would love to hear about the military caching experience in Afghan & Iraq areas - has to be interesting stuff for readers, can you even imagine.

An indepth interview of John Panhorst, an Army soldier in Iraq, was featured in the November issue of Today's Cacher. The issue was dedicated to service members around the globe.

What about JoeGPS and his EVIL HIDES.

Tater

That is a good one, but for the interview to be interesting it would have to give away some of his secrets.

He probably would not like that, but you might find someone else who was willing to give away a few of his secrets. Bu then that would be wrong, wouldn't it?

I'd like to see an interview with various moderators of the forums, such as Keystone, CO Admin, etc. etc.  I'd love theior perspective on attitudes in here... though I'm sure that could get to be a touchy subject with some folk.

Via text message from Keystone, on a far-off tropical isle:

No freakin' way.

Fine, then I think the head Leper, er, Leprechaun himself, <_< oughtta do the interview.

What are his secret hamster breeding techniques ? Does he have to do the "whisper" thing ?

Are they kept in stalls, or allowed to free-range ? Whats a round-up really like ? How do you brand them ?

Another interesting interview - Sparky Watts. How is the wet cat these days ?

The best interview would be one of the many cachers out there who just cache. No Groundspeak employees, no mods, and no forum regulars. Just one of the many, many people who go about caching and dont get caught up in the politics, drama or controversy that is quickly becoming part of mainstream geocaching.

*edited for typos

Edited by WH
The best interview would be one of the many cachers out there who just cache. No Groundspeak employees, no mods, and no forum regulars. Just one of the many, many people who go about caching and dont get caught up in the politics, drama or controversy that is quickly becoming part of mainsteam caching.

Ahhh, that's where people make the mistake.

None of this is part of mainstream geocaching. NONE of it.