Has It Been Plundered?

thumperness

Yesterday we looked long and hard for a cache and could not find it. Not too unusual except when reading posts others have posted they mention how out in the open it is and how the goal is to see how long we can keep it going without getting plundered. I listed it as DNF and tried to contact the owner via his profile. The message came back to me as account suspended. It gave me another E-Mail address which did the same thing. I see the owner was out geocacheing the same day as us as I see he posted some of his finds :huh: Any idea how else to contact him? I am dieing to know if it was us or if it was gone. We were looking for GCH97C Thanks for your help! Thumperness

If the owner was out geocaching the same day as you, the chances are that they take note of activity on their own hides. Sometimes a hider will wait to see if another cacher logs a DNF, or they may check on it right away. Add the geocache to your "watch" list, so you'll be e-mailed when another player either finds or doesn't find the cache.

chances are that they take note of activity on their own hides.

I noticed when viewing the caches and reading the last time the cache was found it has the last found date not the DNF date. So my question is do owners usualy click on it and read to see if any DNF were listed or just skim down and see if any of the found dates have changed. I'm sorry if I'm asking dumb questions I haven't been at this long but hooked quickly :huh:

Edited by thumperness