Found My First Geo Coin Today, Awesome!

Milbank

I have not seen any Geo coins in my area or any other area's I have been caching in.

A few day's ago someone placed a Geo coin in a cache about 30 miles from me.

Today I went and got it!

Preaty cool coin!

I was thinking they would be more the size of a game token like you use in arcades.

It's more like the size of a silver dollar.

This coin is in a square protective case.

Do they come this way when you buy them new or did the owner put it in the case?

I also started our first TB today. Placed it in the same cache we got the Geo coin from.

Now I'm thinking I need to buy some coins myself. :rolleyes:

Well, you're one up on me then! I've hunted about a dozen caches that were SUPPOSED to contain Geocoins, but have never actually found one!

I think the cases are extra. I got an email yesterday that said they are taking pre-orders for the 2005 coins.

Edited by Spencersb

Geocoins are a super nice item. I started out with two of them before switching to the travel bug tags. Be prepared to loose your coins. One of mine has gone missing in a very short time. They make nice collectibles. If you want to try to avoid someone keeping the coin drill a hole in it, this will make it less desirable.

How much do they cost? They are really nice looking...if they are not more than a Travel Bug, they would make fantastic First to Find prizes.

Shirley~

The are about $5, a little more if you order a case. They'd make pretty good FTF prizes, but beware when using them as travel bugs, they disappear faster!

USA Geocoins

Edited by Spencersb

Geo Coins are available from many states.

I know of several states that have them, Southern California, Mass, NY, several in the Northwest, east and west of the Ohio Valley area, and in the South East. Also, there are some from up North in Canada, as well.

Follow this link, on another forum thread discussing them,

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1228137 , to see many of the states listed.

SF1