Off Topic Posts

zygote2k

I see the server become busy every now ad then. Do all the Off-Topic posts slow down the server and the website? If so, why are they even allowed?

:rolleyes: OMG, Of course, too many posts in Off topic, that must be it! Off topic is the cause of all the problems at Groundspeak. I wonder why the admins never thought of that? :rolleyes:

I see the server become busy every now ad then. Do all the Off-Topic posts slow down the server and the website? If so, why are they even allowed?

The total number of posts in the forums doesn't really impact the performace of the server very much. The performance is influenced much more by the number of simultaneous users.

:rolleyes: Elias

:rolleyes: OMG, Of course, too many posts in Off topic, that must be it! Off topic is the cause of all the problems at Groundspeak. I wonder why the admins never thought of that? :blink:

the off topic forums are responsible for everything wrong with geocaching. you know that. :rolleyes:

The total number of posts in the forums doesn't really impact the performace of the server very much. The performance is influenced much more by the number of simultaneous users.

:rolleyes: Elias

In that case, I think this is the time to throttle users.

You want some names? :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueDeuce
yes, they do. so do on topic posts. and logs. jiminy, logs are the number one server slower-downer. let's get rid of those.

I think cache pages take up the most space. How about we get rid of those too? That would sure help out all of us posting over in off topic.... :rolleyes:

In an act of great ,yet modest, generosity I will do my part to lessen the impact of excessive off-topic postings. From this point forward I will no longer post any cat recipes.

... That's all right. Just doing my part.

Why thanks piglet!!! :rolleyes:

actually the only thing clogging the OT is my hairball....... :rolleyes:

In an act of great ,yet modest, generosity I will do my part to lessen the impact of excessive off-topic postings. From this point forward I will no longer post any cat recipes.

... That's all right. Just doing my part.

Well, if I can't get any more cat recipes, I might as well cancel my membership. :rolleyes:

Get your cat recipes in pocket queries like the rest of us.

Pocket query your pocket queries. Pocket pocket query query. It is the answer to all questions. Pocket queries.

Actually, pocket queries would slow things down more than the Off Topic Forum (since the forums are on a different server). We should probably get rid of those, huh.

Get your cat recipes in pocket queries like the rest of us.

Pocket query your pocket queries.  Pocket pocket query query.  It is the answer to all questions.  Pocket queries.

Actually, pocket queries would slow things down more than the Off Topic Forum (since the forums are on a different server). We should probably get rid of those, huh.

no PDA here, so i don't use pocket queries. yeah! get rid of them. ;)

why are they even allowed?

"They" are allowed because it keeps the most intelligent Cachers & Benchies from going bonkers in the regular forums. Sheesh....I thought everyone knew that.

Shirley~

i gotta go with shirley on this one. think of the carnage that would happen if off topic were closed down. ;)