mapsource-metroguide

Guest outdrcpl

Guest outdrcpl

newbie question.

I just ordered a garmin legend so that I can start my geocaching career. I am also interested in purchasing the mapsource metroguide cd. I have found the cd on ebay but it is the 3.0 version. Will I be able to upgrade 3.0 to the latest version of 4.03 by using the free update that garmin has posted for download? or is it necessary to purchase a 4.0 metroguide to be able to apply the update?

I would really hate to spend money on the 3.0 to find out that I have to pay again to have it updated to 4.0.

I checked the garmin site but couldn't find any useful info and there response time to emails is terrible. (its been a week since I sent my mail to them)

Thanks

Guest peter

Go ahead and buy it now, but be sure to keep your dated receipt in a safe place.

There are two aspects to upgrading MapSource: first is updating the program to the latest 4.03 version by downloading it (free) from the Garmin website; second is that a new version of the map database will be available 'soon' with more current 'points-of-interest' (businesses, etc.), updated streets, and data to let the MapSource program (and the new GPS V and Street Pilot III GPSRs) calculate routes automatically. Once the new MetroGuide map database CDs are available (last I heard was October), Garmin will let you exchange your current CDs at no charge provided they were purchased after June 1st, 2001.