Want To Trade

ValleyRat & TillyMouse

My reason for the question:

We have a couple of caches that are just off US-77, farther from home than we're able to travel on short notice. We recently heard that one of them had apparently been muggled.

My hoped-for solution was to post these caches in the "Trade Cache" or "Cache needs Adopting" thread/forum with a request for a Corpus Christi or Kingsville cacher to volunteer to take over maintenance for them.

I know that some CC cachers have caches in the McAllen area, and we would volunteer to adopt those if they were listed.

I wanted to see volunteers, rather than asking specific cachers to do it; sometimes it's hard to refuse without offending. On the other hand, we know that a volunteer has the time to take on another one, otherwise he wouldn't offer.

BTW, what are the drawbacks; I can't envision any, but then, I'm pretty new at the sport.

If it's not a good idea, then we shouldn't do it.

If you are looking at "I'll adopt yours if you adopt mine", the likelyhood of a cacher having one in your area is very improbable. You are much better off putting yours up for adoption, and adopt other caches in your areaas they occur. As Welch said, you can contact a cacher in that area, or you can post in the regional forums for that are, or find a group page that exists in that area and ask if someone can adopt that cache.

As far as "caches up for adoption", it would be great t be able to mark the listing some how, and be able to pull them up in a PQ.

BTW, what are the drawbacks; I can't envision any, but then, I'm pretty new at the sport.

If it's not a good idea, then we shouldn't do it.

One possiably problem could be that some people may be encouraged to just place caches whereever they go and then throw them up on a 'adopt this cache' site. In a way circumventing the so called vaction rule. That why I think gc.com hasn't set arranging for such things, though approvers and regional sites from time to time help find people.