Hardest Caches In The World

Most people point south when this topic comes up -- it would be interesting to see what the world's highest cache is, the world deepest, and such.

I'd like to place a cache on one of the Canadian Rockies Peaks or somewhere in the high regions of the north. The only problem is that my bike can't tow my 3 year-old's bike carrier that far.....

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog
I'd like to place a cache on one of the Canadian Rockies Peaks or somewhere in the high regions of the north. The only problem is that my bike can't tow my 3 year-old's bike carrier that far.....

Put a cache somewhere near Banff in the Canadian Rockies, and I will do my D***edest to log it. Been there once, never forgot it, always wanted to go back.

I'd like to place a cache on one of the Canadian Rockies Peaks or somewhere in the high regions of the north.  The only problem is that my bike can't tow my 3 year-old's bike carrier that far.....

Put a cache somewhere near Banff in the Canadian Rockies, and I will do my D***edest to log it. Been there once, never forgot it, always wanted to go back.

Funny you should mention that -- stay tuned. I happen to have my copy of "Classic Hikes in the Canadian Rockies" right beside me with the intent of creating a 1/1 to 5/5 series of caches.

So....will one of these be the hardest in the world? Not sure. If I place a very challenging puzzle on the 5/5 it could be.

This one must be really difficult, because both the current 'found' logs are made by people that actually didn't find it. They just found a rock nearby where they thought the cache was supposed to be and took a picture of it. I guess the high altitude makes you do strange things.

This one must be really difficult, because both the current 'found' logs are made by people that actually didn't find it. They just found a rock nearby where they thought the cache was supposed to be and took a picture of it. I guess the high altitude makes you do strange things.

Its supposed to be a easy find once you get there. Could this be a case of high altitude muggling?

Funny you should mention that -- stay tuned. I happen to have my copy of "Classic Hikes in the Canadian Rockies" right beside me with the intent of creating a 1/1 to 5/5 series of caches.

So....will one of these be the hardest in the world? Not sure. If I place a very challenging puzzle on the 5/5 it could be.

Very Cool, I would definitely like to go back to the Canadian Rockies, and this will provide the extra incentive ;)

The requirement for maintenance should be in proportion to the remoteness of the cache. A micro in the city may have to get its log changed every month as it fills up. A trad cache in Kluane may need to have a visit once every two years or more, as it is in a tough ammo can and not many people get out there. (I assume.) Should be fine.