Geocacher Roundtable

Jeremy

Watch this space.

Update: We would like to invite any geocacher, not just those with PDAs, to watch this space. For the roundtable the ownership of a PDA will be unnecessary. In fact a sampling would be nice.

We're planning to put together a roundtable discussion in the next two weeks. If you're in the Seattle, WA area, have some time, have a PocketPC device, and don't mind signing an NDA, we'd like to get you involved. I don't have the specifics yet but want a placeholder so folks who are interested can get an email notification when I have more info.

Edited by Jeremy

Live in Auburn, Work in Seattle -- within a couple hundred feet of Freeway Park Cache. Using an IPAQ PPC with Nexipak sleeve and Transplant GPS. Work has kept me so busy the last few months that my caching skills have atrophied. Be good to have something push me back out on the noon hours.

Well, I would be interested, although I am just learning how to use a Pocket PC. (It's a Sony Clie, if that matters.)

Edit: I *must* be really tired. Not only can I not spell this evening, but my visual spell checker is malfunctioning as well! ;)

Edited by NBJPoppa

This sounds interesting.. I do not have a pocket pc but have considering upgrading from the PalmIIIxe.

Is this going to be an online meeting?

Not sure I understand how or what NDA means?

I have been enjoying adding geeky toys to enjoy the outdoors more.

What qualifies as the "Seattle area"?

Can you make it to Seattle? We're not paying for transportation, so if you have a jet handy, come on over.

I adjusted this to include any geocachers, regardless of whether they own a PDA. I'll send another update as soon as I have some dates/times.

I really should get with the current generation and buy one of those things.  My current form of paperless caching has its downfalls, the hampster keeps going on strike.  Would like to join in just to learn more about PDA.  Peace, Nolenator

I'm w/ the PM on this - my kingdom for a PDA. But meanwhile - perhaps the Nols and I can serve as the table's Techno Hold-outs...

Then again, there's that NDA to worry about - doesn't that mean "Never Dropped Acid"??? :D

Then again, there's that NDA to worry about - doesn't that mean "Never Dropped Acid"???    :D

I've signed so many NDAs in my carreer I can never remember what I'm not supposed to disclose anymore, so I never tell anyone anything.

You want to know my name or how old I am? Too bad, I don't want to get sued. B)

Edited by Bull Moose

I am offering a bribe of a full slab of Kansas City famous BBQ ribs to anybody who sends me info on what is in the pipeline.

No fair leaving us poor folks in the Midwest out of all the fun.

(By the way, I am not asking anyone to violate their NDA, just trying to cajole Jeremy into sending me some cool new software for my Palm)

I am offering a bribe of a full slab of Kansas City famous BBQ ribs to anybody who sends me info on what is in the pipeline.

No fair leaving us poor folks in the Midwest out of all the fun.

(By the way, I am not asking anyone to violate their NDA, just trying to cajole Jeremy into sending me some cool new software for my Palm)

Adam's Ribs ? oops, that's Chicago. Hope I don't forget the sauce and cole slaw...

Jeremy,

I know you are in the planning stages and probaly don't know the answers yet, but:

Night time?... Day time?.... Weekends?.... Weekdays?.... 1 hr?... 2 hrs?...

1 Day?... 3 Days?...

I would love to participate. Ive got a hp iPAQ Pocket PC and Sugar uses that darned ol' Garmin IQue 3600 (that I hate). I would only be able to do weekends.

Let us know,

Sluggo

BTW: I work for the guvment.... we are the masters of the N D A (violators are shot on site, or even worse, discredited). ;)

I adjusted this to include any geocachers, regardless of whether they own a PDA. I'll send another update as soon as I have some dates/times.

I am available. Actually am driving to seattle everyday lately.

n47 36.544 w122 19.254 to be exact. I have no pda. I have a ppa (personal paper assistant) in form of paper and pen. I find it works real good for me. However I am willing to learn.

Yes, I'd love to come to learn more!! Recently got an ipaq 3955, still trying to get it set up for me - and now want to know how to utilize it &/or a GPS..... I'm in PDX, but can sometimes get to Seattle (altho first fri/sat in Feb, have to go to Bend, where some caches are calllling to me!!).... perhaps meet y'all soooon...... silverwolfe

Edited by silverwolfe