Garmin 60c

First of all, the only maps that you can load INTO your GPSr Are MapSource maps. MetroGuide 5 will do the same for the 60C as it would for the Vista - Except whereas you can download a route from the computer to the Vista and navigate it, downloading computer generated routes do not work on the 60C. If you want to take advantage of the autorouting (one of the best features of this model IMHO), then you'll need City Select. You can also use any of the other MapSource titles such as Topo, WorldMap, Blue Charts, etc.

Other programs will allow your GPSr to interface with their map software (upload and download waypoints, routes and tracks). Be careful with this as some such software does not yet support USB - in which case you'd need to get the serial (RS-232) cable for your GPSr.

MetroGuide version 4 supports autorouting. I used it with my 60C for a while, but it had some problems (it would sometimes indicate taking one-way streets the wrong way and the map data is rather old). Your best bet is to buy CitySelect for use with the 60C (it'll work with the Vista too, just without autorouting).

Edited by Indiana Cojones
NeoGeo, computer generated routes DO work on the 60c, but are not desirable.

CampingCachers: I believe the upgrade is $75 for CitySelect v6, and worth every penny when you use the autorouting. I even use it on my motorcycle :rolleyes:

I know that I'm using North American City Select with my 60cs, but how do I tell what version I have? If I'm not running v6, how would I upgrade to that version?

CampingCachers: I believe the upgrade is $75 for CitySelect v6, and worth every penny when you use the autorouting. I even use it on my motorcycle :rolleyes:

I know that I'm using North American City Select with my 60cs, but how do I tell what version I have? If I'm not running v6, how would I upgrade to that version?

Ya know what? I do recall seeing a post about that. As I recall you gotta jump through a hoop or two to get it to work right. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't confirm it.

The CS version number is on the CD. You can also open MapSource, click on "Help" on the menu bar and select "About MapSource". It will tell you what version of MAPSOURCE you are running. If you want to know what version of the individual product titles you're running, then click on the "Product Info..." button.

You can always upgrade your MAPSOURCE program for free, but you'll always be stuck with whatever map data that you've bought. So you could have MapSource 6.5 right now with MetroGuide 4 data. Upgrading MapSource will NOT upgrade the map data.

Ya know what? I do recall seeing a post about that. As I recall you gotta jump through a hoop or two to get it to work right. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't confirm it.

The CS version number is on the CD. You can also open MapSource, click on "Help" on the menu bar and select "About MapSource". It will tell you what version of MAPSOURCE you are running. If you want to know what version of the individual product titles you're running, then click on the "Product Info..." button.

You can always upgrade your MAPSOURCE program for free, but you'll always be stuck with whatever map data that you've bought. So you could have MapSource 6.5 right now with MetroGuide 4 data. Upgrading MapSource will NOT upgrade the map data.

Thanks for the help. I was able to determine that I do have the latest version of MapSource (v6.5) and v5.02 of City Select. Now, I need to find out how to upgrade and how much/if it will cost me anything.

Thanks for the help. I was able to determine that I do have the latest version of MapSource (v6.5) and v5.02 of City Select. Now, I need to find out how to upgrade and how much/if it will cost me anything.

ThisisNascar,

Why do you want to upgrade? CSNA 5.0 supports autorouting. I would wait a year or so before upgrading and get CS7.0, but thats just what I am doing...