Humorous Items & Geocache Contents

rescue557

I'm putting together a geocache that will likely have a 4-star rating for terrain. Accordingly, I think that whoever finds the cache will need some sort of comic relief once they reach it as the climb although not vertical requires the use of hands. I don't mean to spoil the surprise, but the cache will be located atop of a 50 foot cliff with a very steep trail going along side of it.

So far I've come up with only one humorous thing to put into the cache. And that is a handful of my lost marbles. Actually, it's just a handful of ordinary marbles, but as you can see, there is a joke attached.

What I need are more such items with related humor. Items must be able to be found around the home or purchased for a small price. I'm welcome to any and all ideas as long as they are both clean (family-friendly) and funny.

Thanks for everybody's input; I hope to get some more ideas soon. :blink:

A Spiderman figure

Small paratrooper guy - he can take the "easy way down"

A couple of those large rubber bands fashioned into a bungee cord for "jumping off"

Not really sure about these ones, either, but will give it a try. :blink:

Edited by rescue557

For a little laughter?

How about one of those shock pens that gives you a little buzz when you press down on it? Leave it in with the logbook. Should be good for a little laugh (assuming that it doesn't scare them enough to fall off the 50 foot cliff).

I have this planned for my next cache called LogBook Surprise - now if it would stop raining.

The post above was offered as a suggestion only and the cache owner assumes all responsibility for cachers who are buzzed and fall off the cliff. The poster of this suggestion hereby releases himself from any and all responsibilities arounds said idea :blink: .

The post above was offered as a suggestion only and the cache owner assumes all responsibility for cachers who are buzzed and fall off the cliff. The poster of this suggestion hereby releases himself from any and all responsibilities arounds said idea :) .

How about a brochure for some local ambulance chaser? You could give him Kealia's contact info to save time! :blink:

How 'bout a deck of cards w/ a card or 2 taken out?  Not playing w/ a full deck.

This one has a lot of potential! ;)

A small doll not sitting in a doll house rocking chair.  Off your rocker.

Hmmm... Don't know about this. Will consider it. :(

A nut and bolt that doesn't qite fit together.  Got a screw loose.

This is a must have! <_<

Neosporin and band aids.

Oh for the people who have bad luck and fall off before trying again? I see! Good one! :(

Along these lines: Hand Sanitizer (little bottles are $1 or less) or Baby/Wet Wipes.

Oh.. if you know of a place where they still have those Individual Sanitizing Wipes they used to have at KFC (they don't have them anymore ;):(<_< ) put a couple there.

Now... for humor:

-> a bunch of plastic nuts (need I say more?) not real ones because no food's allowed on Caches

-> take a picture of the BOTTOM and write "Wish you were here" (or would that be cruel?)

-> a camera so they take their picture... and leave a S.A.S.E. so it's sent to you after it's full (unless you want to go up there and get it)

-> the phone number for the local Mountain Rescue (NOT 911!!)

Ohhhh... here's one: a mirror so they can send mirror signals to down below.

a bunch of plastic nuts (need I say more?) not real ones because no food's allowed on Caches

Yeah that would be funny. ;)

take a picture of the BOTTOM and write "Wish you were here" (or would that be cruel?)

Cruel. I don't want anybody to get any crazy ideas. Oh wait...? <_<

a camera so they take their picture... and leave a S.A.S.E. so it's sent to you after it's full (unless you want to go up there and get it)

The classic camera in the cache. Seen it in other caches, always thought it was a good idea, and somehow it escaped me this time. :(

the phone number for the local Mountain Rescue (NOT 911!!)

Or pizza! I wonder if they would deliver? :(

Ohhhh... here's one: a mirror so they can send mirror signals to down below.

No way! To close to the edge and yikes! :(

An inflatable splint. Or if that's prohibitively expensive, one of the those emergency wire ones.

I've seen in a couple of caches with a "you've made it!" kind of prize. One I went to in Hawaii was just a note and a jingle bell in a ziploc. It was kind of fun to find something like an award in the cache (it sits proudly on my book shelf now). The Christmas Surpise Cache in our area is kind of similar to that idea too. You could do something like put a little doll with bandages and such all over it with a congratulatory card with it. If it's a four star cache, you could probably get away with only five or six of these things and make it through the year :rolleyes: .

Now here's a concept:

Leave a note in the Cache telling people that, when they get to the Cache, they should call you... and that your number is (212) 867-5309 ;)

(hey, I like that Idea.. I just might incorporate it when I create MY first cache ;) )

Edited by Bionico

an odball thing could be a travel package of toilet seat covers. I actually got these in my christmas stocking as a joke! I have since seen them at Rite Aid and WalMart in their toiletry section. They are in a small 2 X 2 package. I have thought that it might even make for a good "Log" in a cache I have planned.