Beg Cache

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Lashings of apologies all around. Let's keep it on track here.

El D still has my respect. CO too.

Agreed. TPTB made a decision that this particular charity-driven cache was acceptable, as their posted guidelines state they have the discretion to permit as they see appropriate. That was their decision as the site administrators and neither they nor the cache owner need to justify it. To be honest, I see nothing to discuss here.

Flame away, folks. :angry:

That was just ugly.

I'm glad I was able to contribute before the plug got pulled -- I know there are many good charitable organizations -- I try to donate to the United Way to cover them during the year. This was a one-time event that killed 155,000 people in less than a couple of hours and is a "special event" when it comes to giving.

I'm sorry that the "me too" scenario led us to the lowest common demoninator -- and end to the cache. We all lose so that no one loses -- been there before.

I totally understand Groundspeak's position on this. I'm just a little sad we couldn't have all looked the other way on this one. Rules are rules.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Groundspeak did the proper thing. If anyone wants to contribute this does not stop them in any way. There are many ways to contribute to the charity of your choice. If you were only going to send in a donation to get a find then you were not sincere in your contribution anyway.

Mike

Agreed. TPTB made a decision that this particular charity-driven cache was acceptable, as their posted guidelines state they have the discretion to permit as they see appropriate. That was their decision as the site administrators and neither they nor the cache owner need to justify it. To be honest, I see nothing to discuss here.

Apparently they didn't.

So, did they change their mind, or did the cache owner lie?

Agreed.  TPTB made a decision that this particular charity-driven cache was acceptable, as their posted guidelines state they have the discretion to permit as they see appropriate.  That was their decision as the site administrators and neither they nor the cache owner need to justify it.  To be honest, I see nothing to discuss here.

Apparently they didn't.

So, did they change their mind, or did the cache owner lie?

Guess I spoke about 30 seconds too soon! :angry:

Of course, since people are still logging it after it's archived, I guess it really IS all about the smiley, even when it comes to this. That's pretty sad.

Actually the three posts from January 6 were already there before Rothstafari archived the cache. I didn't check, but I presume those three cachers are in Australia, where it already is the 6th.