Battery Case

At a recent cache I claimed a set of batteries, only to discover they were in a handy little case. A quick web search found the manufacturer and then a UK supplier who is selling them cheaply at the minute.

As usual, I have no connection to the product or company, but just wanted to let the group know of a handy little holder for the GPSr food.

edited to add link to product page

Edited by Lance Ambu

Thanks

After Christmas the house is coming down with batteries for all the kids' stuff and although I'm constantly recharging the NiMh's I keep mixing up fresh and flat batteries - hence the need for the coloured cases.

I've ordered 6 items and including P&P it comes in at less than a tenner, so I'm hoping the VAT isn't an issue. :angry:

Coincidentally that makes the unit price £1.66. Cheaper than the ebay listing referenced above :angry:

As a photographer by profession batteries are the bane of my life. I used to carry them loose in my pockets until one day at a meeting with an editor one of them shorted in my pocket, getting very hot in a very short time. After doing a strange dance, trying to hold my pocket away from my skin I managed to get it out! I now use cases!

Martin :blink:

Edited by one4zorro

I have both of those types of battery holder from 7DayShop.... and both seem fine. In fact, the one that holds 4 and clips to another unit was part of a deal: £11.99 (?) for a charger and 8 x AA (2000mAh) and 2 cases.... Santa gave one to Mike for Xmas!!

We use PP3s for a Radio Mic at church.... I had the battery in my pocket, and suddenly wondered why my pocket was getting warm. It took but a moment to realise that keys are indeed metallic, and can short out a PP3 quite easily!

As far as the VAT is concerned: 7DayShop, based in Guernsey, have come to an arrangement with UK Customs such that any individual shipment of £17.99 or less can be vat-free (and I am sure thy appreciate how the business runs). My recent order was 5 jiffy-bags: 3 had a single SD / XD card in (256meg SD for £15.99!!!), the rest was in the other 2 bags!

Paul

Edited by paul.blitz
Hi Lance Ambu, we left the batteries and container in the cache.

If you had said you needed batteries we would have given them to you in the car park, and saved us both, that long walk up the Mountain, and you know the story there, o2 break every three minutes, puff, puff, wheez and so on.

We bought them in 7dayshop.com, a neat little item. :D

Hi Harry,

A good idea, but 2 months too late. :blink:

I eventually made it up the hill, to complete the event caches and can now say I found all the event caches, rather than anyof the caches finding me :):) That's 2 presents I've had off you now :D

I trust you had a good christmas and are planning the next event on the flat so I can come down and donate some goodies.

Bryan

Incidentally, 7DayShop are giving £1 from each order to the Tsun.... nope, I can't say it!

I genuinely hadn't noticed that - but it's good.

I've been around the forums for a while and last night, of all nights, decided to stump up the fee to become a premium member by credit card.

Today, an equal amount will go to that cause.

please beware the no vat thing that is for gifts, you may be the unlucky one who gets caught.

Also I use an empty plastic spice jar which hold several batteries quite nicely and gives you the pleasure of tasty food and a handy micro/small when finished.

If the value of the order is less than £18, no VAT or duty is payable at all. This applies to any non EU mail order. Over £18 from the CI or non EU may get caught for duty and VAT.

7dayshop, actually mail everything as customs friendly. i.e. products < £18 are shipped so that the value of the package does not become liable for duty & vat. Products > £18 - they pay the duty & vat for you ( included in the price ).

That business is pretty good in terms of price but I have to say that IMHO their customer service is rubbish. I had a shortage on an order and when I sent them e-mails they were ignored, I investigated further and eventually found their 'customer support system'. 6 months later on and I am still waiting for a reply :rolleyes: (fotunately the shortage turned up a few days later).

Also, in my experience their despatch and shipping times can be a bit erratic so I don't order from them any more if the item is required urgently.

Oh and as a parting shot; they stuff everything into white padded envelopes. whether it is a £500 lens or a 50p battery case so don't expect fragile items to be particularly well packaged.

Any item sent by them is either under the £18 VAT limit or, if over, is VAT paid so I believe that there is no risk of extra charges. :

Edited by The Hole-in-the-wall Gang