Challenge 2005

GlobalRat

I think ALL should be involved in finding AND creating caches.

That is just it. That is what I'm talking about---- locationless caches are not "real" caches and it just gets your numbers up! (this is MY opinion only!)

We should create more "real" caches (Including myself :laughing: ) and stay away from locationless caches :D

(there are a few of you that are way behind in the deal)

BUT, we place real caches!!!! This is not just a numbers game! This is the problem with challenges! It becomes a watered down numbers game

Mmmmm Geocacher.... methinks the plot has been lost here somewhere. I believe the whole aim of the game of the GP Challenge is to place real caches on a one to one basis with the other members that have signed up to take part in the GP Challenge.

Without putting words in GlobalRat's mouth, I believe he was referring to this group of cachers, and the fact that some members in on the deal were perhaps lagging the pack as far as the deal of placing caches goes.

I'll be signing up for the GP Challenge myself and will start placing once I feel capable. GlobalRat... pleez sign me up.

The poor chap (GlobalRat) has run out of caches to do and we certainly don't want to chase him down to Die Kaap, they seem to have enough cachers as it is!! :laughing:

I quote from his post

GlobalRat  Posted on May 26 2005, 10:49 PM

there’s nobody out there creating new caches, and now I have to resort to Locationless Caches to feed my habit!! :laughing::D :D

This dude is not happy posting Locationless Caches. He and others have done a great job populating our environs with caches, I guess it's time for the rest of us to come to the party to everyone's benefit. :D

Edited by miskruier
I believe he was referring to this group of cachers, and the fact that some members in on the deal were perhaps lagging the pack as far as the deal of placing caches goes

WOW!!!!

We have a watchdog here! I'm NOT slagging off, or criticizing, Globalrat at all! All I'm saying (and for the same matter--you and Globalrat is saying the same!) We should guard against to many locationless caches and rather try and place more "real" caches.

Yes, you are right there. We are not placing enough caches! Me included. :) I'm part of the challenge as well and I have only placed one this year :o

Just as you said below (AND YOU ARE CORRECT)------

I believe the whole aim of the game of the GP Challenge is to place real caches on a one to one basis with the other members that have signed up to take part in the GP Challenge.

I have not lost the plot here! What is so difficult to understand on what I wrote. In a nutshell I think I wrote exactly what you are saying as well!!! :drama::D:laughing:

We should create more "real" caches (Including myself  ) and stay away from locationless caches 
Edited by geocacher_coza
We should guard against to many locationless caches and rather try and place more "real" caches.

Yes, you are right there. We are not placing enough caches! Me included.

Well fortunately there is a moratorium on Locationless caches, so no new ones can be placed.

:laughing::D Excellent :o:)

Now that we have sorted that out.... lets get cracking on some REAL :drama: caches.

See. Now you got the hang of it miskruier. We need more, so I can invite GlobalRat over for some bird-on-the-Weber again, without him spilling his Killkenny all over my stoep from all the twitching. You go boy !! :laughing:

Well, GlobalRat was complaining some much, I just had to do something to keep him quiet (however I just don't think that is possible). Placed two caches today.

:lol: Enough to keep "somebody" busy for another Friday. :o

Edited by warthog

Hi guys,

Just looking through this area of the forums since I am relocating to the Western Cape in a few months. I have been hesitating on placing caches here in Jersey since I won't be around to maintain them but am looking forward to finding some great spots down there to place them in. Perhaps my caching experience here will add a different idea to the cahes there. Or most likely not.

I will be spending some time this summer caching through New York City and Philadelphia and so hope to bring some ideas and cache boxes down with me for some urban caches. Not sure if they are popular in SA.

Globalrat, I will send an email over to get signed up once I arrive and am actively finding in SA. But I would like to be considered for the 2006 race if there is still space. Let me know.

Thanks everyone and look forward to participating in the caching community in SA.

Come on Globalrat--three news ones placed for you over the weekend

geocacher_coza--- 1

warthog -- 2

:D:D:DB):)

More coming soon!

:D:D:D

Excellent work... and best there be no slowing down. Had all three in my sites today, but alas work got in the way :wub: so had to settle for two. :D

Looking forward to striking the other one very soon....

:wub: Now if only they could create them faster than he could find them he pondered in the back of his mind :wub::wub:

Great work, and looking forward to the others making there appearance.

Once again I must salute Saffers and the quality of their caches B)B)

There'll be a few more devious GlobalRat caches coming out of the hatch soon :wub::D

snip>>

Perhaps my caching experience here will add a different idea to the cahes there. Or most likely not.

snip>>

down with me for some urban caches. Not sure if they are popular in SA.

Globalrat, I will send an email over to get signed up once I arrive and am actively finding in SA. But I would like to be considered for the 2006 race if there is still space. Let me know.

Oooh looking forward to your arrival. :D:wub:

Always looking for some new blood and some new ideas. Must warn you though that Saffers (South African's) are a creative bunch and the quality of most of the caches here is very high. :wub::wub::wub:

As for the urban caches. I started a series to promote caches in Urban areas, My Urban Tag caches. While not such a great problem in the Cape, us "underlings" in the economic power hub of SA have a greater challenge in that we have a high population density and limited open space. (Having said that there is more out there than most people are aware of, which is the great thing about caching).

I certainly embrace the Urban cache concept, and I know there are a few others that have as well. There have been a number of caches that have popped up in urban areas in the last year, and these are getting more and more creative. I have a particular favourite by Discombob. I have a great one planned which will be in the hub of one of our commercial areas. Look forward to seeing your ideas pop up on our local landscape.

The 2006 race will be released very shortly, and posted on the forum. You will be welcome to enter, and as you will see, there will be a number of ways in which you can participate.