Gsak

Dave1976

:D

Last night I tried down loading GSAK to get waypoints from the Geocaching.com site to my computer. This should be very easy but I'm not getting anywhere. The file that I downloaded shows up in a folder on my computer but when I double click on it the GSAK program opens and then I get a Open GPX/LOC page and click ok then I get a box that says Total Waypoints Processed 0 and added 0 and the updated 0

When I click ok GSAK open and there is nothing there

Dave 1976

:D

Last night I tried down loading GSAK to get waypoints from the Geocaching.com site to my computer. This should be very easy but I'm not getting anywhere. The file that I downloaded shows up in a folder on my computer but when I double click on it the GSAK program opens and then I get a Open GPX/LOC page and click ok then I get a box that says Total Waypoints Processed 0 and added 0 and the updated 0

When I click ok GSAK open and there is nothing there

Dave 1976

Very strange. Please email me the GPX file you are trying to load into GSAK and I will see If I can track down the problem.

I installed the program that other day and it works pretty slick. I open GSAK first and go to FILE, OPEN GPX/LOC, I select the option to load a folder of files, point it to the location where my files are stored, check GPX and LOC, leave the default database and click OK. Everything should import. You can then use the EXPORT feature to send it to a file your GPSr software can use to load it to your unit.

One thing I learned the hard way is that I need to upload from my GPSr first to save my found caches and any tracks I may have made. Then I can add new waypoints using my import feature.