City Select Vs Metroguide For Garmin Map 60cs

Team Levy

I know this has probably been asked a dozen plus times...

What is the difference between:

1 - City Select® North America v6

2 - MetroGuide® North America v6

I've looked at the Garmin website and can really only figure out that the City Select contains an Unlocking Wizard... other than that the only difference I can see is price (w/ Metroguide being the cheaper of the two).

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I'm ready to buy I just don't know which one to get.

City Select will work on your GPS and Metroguide won't.

Thanks RK... not sure I follow you. The Garmin website states that MetroGuide functionality will work on... :

"**These functions of this product work with nearly all Garmin GPS units, excluding the GPS 100 family and panel mount aviation units."

Plus... they even show screen shots.

Are you saying that it won't work on the 60CS? If so... that's great information to know and it significantly narrows my choices. :D

Metroguide does not support autorouting in its current release. If you load City Select, and ask the GPS to find point X, it will mark the route on the map and give you turn-by-turn instructions for how to get there. Autorouting is a pretty slick feature. I can't imagine putting a map on my GPSr without it.