Meridian Color (yes Or No)

That is a nice unit, but I am not sure your price of $399 was the best??? Did you try Amazon.com for it? It looks like it can be had on Amazon.com for about $349 -- not sure what the shipping would cost though (would have had to login).

There should be several options in that price range, such as the Garmin 60cs for around $399 -- which has special features pertaining to Geocaching.

All in all, depends on what you want -- the Meridian Color is a nice unit, you'll probably be happy with it -- I'd just look at others as well.

Bozz

TahoeKramer, it does really depend on what you want.

Today I purchased a 60cs at Amazon.com for $382.94 -no tax and free shipping to CA. In addition, I will be receiving a $30 gift certificate from Amazon.com as part of their "Electronics " promotion. The only downside is the free shipping will take ten days but I will download the manual and read the 60cs threads. :o

I like my Color but, IMHO, stay with or go to firmware 5.12. All higher versions are buggy.

Anyway, I got my Color via Amazon in the Travel Kit for $400 including S&H.

Also, as noted, it does have a 'slow fix' especially under cover but doesn't seem to have that with cloud cover, not sure why the differences. Slow your approach once you are within ~100' of your target to give it some time to settle in.

Enjoy,