New Cacher Greetings

avroair

With all the new holiday GPS presents (and a Parade article) I am sure there are many new cachers out there. My name is Avroair, I am a newbie to this sport, my wife started geocaching and I can't keep her in the house, she drags me along to go caching every opportunity she gets.

Hello to my fellow geocachers, please sound off. :):unsure::)

Hello Geocachers,

I live near Saranac Lake, NY, in the Adirondack Park, and would just like to say hi to all geocachers, new and...experienced.

I've been geocaching since April of 2004, and still get a rush everytime I head out with my "caching-pack". I would love to get together, if my 2 year-old's schedule permits, with anyone cruising through my neck of the woods, to take in a cache, grab a coffee, or just go for a ski/walk/paddle. If you know you're going to be pass through the tri-lakes area, send me an email.

I'm hosting an Event on the 15th of January, and would love to see anyone who can make it.

nfa-jamie

Hi.

My name is Ferreter5.

I've been geocaching for a year now.

I can't remember the last time I didn't have my GPS at the ready.

My life is better now as a geocacher.

I get to see the outdoors.

The tupperware cupboard in our house isn't so crowded anymore.

And, I'm getting better at finding things around the house without having to ask my wife where they are.

With your support I hope not to fall off the wagon anytime soon.

Thank you.

I've been lurking for a while, finally heading out for my first cache on New Year's Day. Success!... despite an inappropriate GSP unit. A quick trip to the sporting goods store and we were ready! Hubby took the day off and we decided to see if Hartclimbs' Unfinished Business was still in business after no activity since August. We found it! Now I'm hooked! I've always loved brainteasers and mental challenges and this stuff is perfect for me. I look forward to meeting some of you on the trails!

I've been lurking for a while, finally heading out for my first cache on New Year's Day.  Success!... despite an inappropriate GSP unit.  A quick trip to the sporting goods store and we were ready!  Hubby took the day off and we decided to see if Hartclimbs' Unfinished Business was still in business after no activity since August.  We found it!  Now I'm hooked!  I've always loved brainteasers and mental challenges and this stuff is perfect for me.  I look forward to meeting some of you on the trails!

What a great choice! That's not an easy cache for someone new! Kudos!

Welcome to the club and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the cache!

Edited by HartClimbs

Hi,

My name is Team Rampant Lion.

I don't know why I use the word "Team" in my name as I'm usually geocaching on my own. :D

The animal I go with is less "Rampant Lion" and more "Courage the Cowardly Dog". :D

My kids are mad at me as I've taken all their toys, drilled holes in them, attached a dog tag and then gave them away. :D

My wife is madder as I bought an expensive mountain bike which now is an excellent place to hang my gear when I come home from caching. :D

I talked my boss and three senior executives at my company into a travel bug race. My boss LOST! :D

I actually loaded all the caches in northern Switzerland into my GPS to see if I could identify the terrain difficulty FROM A COMMERCIAL AIRPLANE! :D

I am a GEOCACHE ADDICT! :D

Hi, I'm BrianSnat. I wish I had come up with a more colorful caching name like Team Rampant Lion or Avroair, but when I signed up I just used my e-mail address, not realizing it would become my identity.

My purpose in life is to annoy the heck out of Team DEMP by placing a couple of caches the moment he clears out all the unfound caches within his 10 mile radius.

Hi,

I am BMSquared. My goals in life are to stay ahead of Team Bam Bam in the numbers race, if that is temprarily nto possible, then I enjoy annoying the heck out of them. My new goal is apparently to move out of Team DEMPs home radius. Brian is killing me!!!

Also part of the team are my wife and 2 dogs. Their goal in life is to avoid me on weekends and week nights when the sun is still up.

I don't think Avroair has an accent... it's more of a speech impediment.

Hi,

I'm Harry Dolphin (That's Harry, NOT Hairy!)

It's not easy geocaching when you're a dolphin, but, Oh, well...

My goal is to start putting new caches on Team Rampant Lion's ten-mile list. And BrianSnat's, and Treequest's! :angry: Payback is sweet.

Even Avroair put one on my list! Oh, maybe that's because I put three on his?!? :angry:

brian b -- and like BrianSnat -- I didn't know that I was locking myself in when I logged in the first time.

Cornwall, NY -- a nice drive east will get me to jonboy's treks, a nice drive south will get me to Harriman, nearly any drive West pretty much turns up empty.

I will get up at ungodly hours on the weekends to get my walks in, just so I can be home to watch the kids so my wife can have a life.

We are lucky to live in this region; many hiking trails, many great cache hiders, a nice variety of terrains.

We are lucky to live in this region; many hiking trails, many great cache hiders, a nice variety of terrains.

That is so true. I was visiting my in-laws in western NY last week. The vast majority of caches are drive and dumps in postage stamp sized parks and parking lots. A longish cache hunt is anything between 1/4 and 1/2 mile RT. You have to drive 40-50 miles to find anything remotely like Harriman, Sterling Forest or Waywayanda State Park.

A longish cache hunt is anything between 1/4 and 1/2 mile RT.  You have to drive 40-50 miles to find anything remotely like Harriman, Sterling Forest or Waywayanda State Park.

We must have way too many roads or we have parks that are way too small.

I think I'm now suffering from Park Envy. :blink:

Wait, who says you HAVE to leave your car alongside the road nearest the cache? You could just as easily leave your car on the the other side of the park for a longer walk. Whee!

Hey All, my name is Natureboy44 and I have a problem. I actually look forward to business trips so I can snag a cache or two in some city/state/country where I haven't cache before.

I was in Charlotte, NC on business on Saturday, and made time for caching. I'm heading to Denver, CO this week and will hopefully do the same. I am the Travel Bug's friend. (That reminds me - I need to stop at a local TB hotel on the way to the airport and grab a few hitchhikers. Must make sure they aren't anything the TSA will pull out of my carry-on bags, though.)

Hey, it beats sitting in a hotel room watching sitcoms. You have no problem.

Psst. Guys, the Okie thinks Washington D.C. is a state! s6vhaha.gif

The three new states would be Virginia, Delaware and Maryland... hence the statement: new state, new state, new state... :wub:

How do we know for sure that you're not reconnoitering for another British invasion? :):):laughing:

Yeah, they already sacked D.C. once.

brian b -- and like BrianSnat -- I didn't know that I was locking myself in when I logged in the first time.

I too fell in the name trap. Though it would just be a login id. Heck I wasn't even 25 when I signed up.

I am such an addict! I got the company I work for sold to a Dutch company, which means New Country!!

I have as many finds now in the Netherlands as in New York and Pennsylvania.

Dave

Edited by dhenning25
Ok, I admit I have tears rolling down my face from reading this topic. And here I thought you were all strangers to one another...YOU ARE ACTUAL FRIENDS?!?!?!?!? I have got to meet this group of cachers....Love the sense of humor. I work for an amublance company and my EMT partner & Dispatcher have alot to do with my geocaching. Nothing like getting finished with a run and getting the COORDINATES to my next find!!!!! Gotta love Dispatch Quoddy & Old Man Walking..and for the record Old Man Walking is REALLY old & slow... ;) Edited by VerticallyChallenged
Hi, I'm BrianSnat....... but when I signed up I just used my e-mail address, not realizing it would become my identity.

You can always change your handle by editing your profile.

I'm Mustcache and I've been at this for a few months now. It got me back into the woods after being away much too long.

Hi, I'm BrianSnat....... but when I signed up I just used my e-mail address, not realizing it would become my identity.

You can always change your handle by editing your profile.

I'm Mustcache and I've been at this for a few months now. It got me back into the woods after being away much too long.

Thanks, but changing the BrianSnat brand name would be like changing Jello or Pan Am Airlines.

I used Packanack cause that is where I live , and Jello was already taken , my best geocaching story is telling my next door neighbor that I was going out geocaching with my son, he starts laughing and calls his wife out, she gives me a weird look I say to her strange huh ? she says all you guys are !! as it turns out he is a charter member.