Safety Camera Waypoints In Finland

MapDaddy

Is there such a thing as safety cameras (speeding cameras) in Finland?

I am looking for a collection of safety camera waypoints for Finland.

Can you help me, please?

What would you do with the waypoints? Are you designing a system that reduces speed when you approach a camera?

Is there such a thing as safety cameras (speeding cameras) in Finland?

I am looking for a collection of safety camera waypoints for Finland.

Can you help me, please?

What would you do with the waypoints? Are you designing a system that reduces speed when you approach a camera?

We are entering the data into a database. And we are using this GPS to warn drivers when they approach the cameras: URL deleted by Kopaka Nuva.

If you are interested in co-operating with us, I would be happy to hear from you. Please send an e-mail to mapdaddy@geocaching.no.

Edited by Kopaka Nuva
Dear Map Daddy!

We know of a 100% efficient method of avoiding risks to your drivers licence. Since you are going commercial, how much are you willing to pay for our secret knowledge?

:)

Regards

Thomas&Lisa

May I guess? "Drive 10 km/h lower than the speed limit"? or is it "Open your eyes and look forward so you will see the road signs in advance."

This product is a tool for people who drive a lot, for example truckdrivers and salespersons. I am driving all over western Sweden including Göteborg-Oslo (Norway). We don't have that many cameras here in Sweden, but in Norway are there plenty of them.

You see a sign saying that this road is monitored by cameras.. Okay. Then 12 km from that point do you see a camera, and the latest 12 kilometres have the speedlimit gone up and down all the time, so you hesitate.. is it 70 or 80?

So you slow down and drive much lower than the actual speed limit.. Not good in safety perspective either.

The system can be used to warn for dangerous places, such as outside schools, or intersections where a lot of accidents are happening.

It is just a way of telling people: "Hey, you are driving too fast. Slow down dude", not "After this camera can you drive like a maniac again for 12 km."

Sorry Hedberg, but you didn't catch our point!

We posted our note, becuase Map Daddy also in the Danish Geocacher forum had asked for waypoints for Danish speed limit cameras. We think, that these forums should be free of "Commercial Illegalities". (For your information, Danish police don't have fixed camera positions - they are placed in vans, and never in the same place for more than two hours).

During the last year, the speed limits have been raised and controls have been strengthened in Denmark. The result is, that death tolls have been the lowest in decades.

Our secret is to respect the reigning law. Otherwise go into politcs and change it that way. But don't do it in the streets.

Kind regards

Thomas&Lisa

Our secret is to respect the reigning law. Otherwise go into politcs and change it that way. But don't do it in the streets.

Kind regards

Thomas&Lisa

I agree with TPN&Lisa !!

There at least should be a reason to install those cameras and some people are working days to figure out where to put them to increase the effect.

What I have read, they have succeeded quite well !!

I can give thousands of waypoints for the 'hidden cameras' in Finland if someone promises to spread them all around the world !!

A program called Puskuri (the Bumper, if you like) in Finnish TV2 had a story exactly about this subject on last Friday.

A very short and inaccurate summary:

There was a guy who had the warning system in his GPS.

Police said that using GPS to warn about speed surveillance cameras is not illegal.

Minister of the interior had a positive attitude towards the system. He thought that it is only positive if it makes the 'road hogs' to slow down just near the cameras.

Coordinates of all speed surveillance cameras in Finland are available somewhere in the internet. (I didn't try to search that page. I think I don't need those warnings. :huh:)