Help! What Did I Find In Westchester, Ny

Bronxyone

Long story short... We went out for our first hunt looking for Donner und Blitzen cache at (N41 15.307 W073.54.337). We did not find that cache, but found a different one. At this point it is unknown who it belongs to. Hopefully someone can help me figure whose it belongs to so I can log it.

It was Ammo box that said Daisy Cache #3 at (N41 15..309 W073.54.340). In it, I found a mini handcuff keychain, a skeleton key chain, a VonBondy CD, a MIX102.7 mouse pad. and a receipt for binoculars. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone out there? It was located in Blue Mt reservation, and had a Nice view too. (BTW..I took the handcuffs and left Hand Sanitizer.)

I plugged in the coordinates and read the description on each cache in the area and nothing came close to what we found. (someone was even nice enough to search another cache website)

Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks much...

OFF TOPIC:

I am frequently in White Plains on business and because I fly in, I'm on foot. There are NO caches in the White Plains vicinity within walking distance of city center...

Please, please... help me feed the need and plant LOTS of caches within 3 miles of White Plains! <_<

Forever in your debt,

Airsafety

Are you sure it wasn't the correct cache and it was mislabelled? It's only a few feet from the correct coordinates. You will rarely find a cache at the exact posted coordinates.

I know I've placed caches and had one name on the label and I re-named it when it was listed, but never changed the label on the cache. Its possible Jonboy did this, or maybe he just recycled a container from an old cache of his and never changed the label. If in doubt, check with Jonboy, but I think you probably found his cache.

BTW, you're very lucky living in Jonboy territory. His caches are among the best in the region.

Hi Woods,

Thank you SO MUCH for offering to place a cache in White Plains! I have looked at Where's George several times, but the cache description recommends a car for transport between legs.

I may just try North American Watusi Tour, which would be a walk of 8 miles round trip. I have my eye on the Sleepy Hollow caches, but this would involve several bus rides as well as a walk - probably best left for warmer weather.

You will have my undying gratitude, Woods... I'd be happy to buy you a beer, soda, or whatever suits, as well as a 'weck' at one of the nearby shops!

Best Regards,

Airsafety

My cache is a clear rubbermaid container with blue trim. I checked Navicache and letterboxing.com and couldn't find a cache in this location. Are there any other cache sites out there?

As far as caching from White Plains without a car, you could rent a bike and ride down the Bronxriver bike path to the Watusi cache, or take a train to Hartsdale. I have had someone get a bike from their hotel near Westchester Airport and ride to " Not So Far From The Maddening Crowd". There are several other cache near the airport. Of course, Haggaeus found all his caches without a car, but me, I would rent a car if I was that eager.

It's the hotel in Armonk where you can rent a bike and get to Maddening rowd and Childs Play. It used to be a Ramada but it just changed it's name. For Where's George you start in North White Plains and end up in West Harrison . It was a big Battlelfield.

To the thread I was plannig on doing donner and blitzen now I have a somthing else to look for.