The One Ring To Rule Them All.....

Kealia

And so it begins......the time when The Ring is once again up for grabs...

Who of you are brave enough to take on the protection of the ring and keep it from the ever-prying eyes of Team Nazgul?

"While sleeping, the ring was taken from us from a nasty, nasty man covered in wood shavings he was. Took the Precious and hid it from us he did. THIEVES!! "

The Precious is now hidden safely away but it is up to you to keep it away from Nazgul.

Game goes like this:

The TB will NOT be dropped in a cache online as a typical bug would - that would be too easy for Nazgul to pounce on. Instead, use this thread to log it's current location, but only give hints or clues to the cache that it's in - don't give the actual cache name or that will defeat the purpose.

Feel free to leave personal clues (i.e. if you've visited a cache with a particular cacher and have an inside joke/.story that will alert them to it's whereabouts).

Just "grab" the TB from the previous holder into your posession. I'm not concerned with it tracking mileage.

Remember - the fate of Middle Earth now lies in your hands!

Edited by Kealia

As I was travelling through the distant land of Scott's Valley, I encountered a strange creature who presented himself as Kealia (He had an ill look about him, and I guessed that this was in reality the creature known as Gollum).

He held a coin I desired, and I negotiated a trade, giving him small token of my wood-craft. He gave me the coin, but as he did, from his hand dropped a gold ring. I knew at once that this was the Ring of Power.

I grabbed the ring and sped quickly over the hill, leaving him shrieking "the Precious, the Precious! Filthy cachers'ss... we hates them!"

But the ring weighs heavily on me, and it calls for its Master... I fear the Nazgul will come to take it from me. So I have hidden it, that another may take up the quest and keep it out of the reach of this evil minnion of Sauron.

I spied a lone hill, guarded by lions, and placed the ring within a box of tupperware, seated on a small ledge. I think it may be safe here as no one goes here anymore... and the hide is known only to myself and my firstborn. I will watch it daily as I come and go from my home, until another retrieves it and relieves me of the burden.

May it be kept safely from the evil Nazgul...

I spied a lone hill, guarded by lions, and placed the ring within a box of tupperware, seated on a small ledge. I think it may be safe here as no one goes here anymore... and the hide is known only to myself and my firstborn. I will watch it daily as I come and go from my home, until another retrieves it and relieves me of the burden.

It seems that concealing the Precious in the same region as Nazgul might not have been such a good plan. <_<

It seems that concealing the Precious in the same region as Nazgul might not have been such a good plan. :D

hey, I was on foot & it was raining ok? :D<_<

When the Fellowship met during the quest for the elusive “Precious” talk naturally leads to tales of previous adventures and of “Wizards” in their craft. Of mountains, or was that hills, and searches after dark and of bruised arms and childhood adventures with things that make noise. One of the Fellowship will know!

Nazgul hasn't the foggiest idea where it is now, and is busy with other things as well so it's going to be safe pretty much anywhere it is for a couple of weeks. Pesky rangers...

We are busy for a while on a mission as well....hope the Precious stays safe.

Yes, we too seek the Precious and will dance and taunt the evil Nazgul if we capture it first.

"The Precious" is safe once again.

7b9ddbd0-a3b0-4ce3-9432-01e26c6fc64b.jpg

Upon reading the secret message I knew The Precious was within my reach. I mounted my great black stallion and road off in to the darkness. The ring was still where another of the Fellowship had placed it. I took it, though it would be a great burden to bear. Once back to the safety of my castle I started to plot the move to a safer place. Till then my Aliens will keep it safe.

The placement of The Precious is difficult thing, for the Nazgul is cunning and has great power.

” Those who used the Nine Rings became mighty in their day, kings, sorcerers, and warriors of old. They obtained glory and great wealth, yet it turned to their undoing. They had, as it seemed, unending life, yet life became unendurable to them. They could walk, if they would, unseen by all eyes in this world beneath the sun, and they could see things in worlds invisible to mortal men; but too often they beheld only the phantoms and delusions of Sauron. And one by one, sooner or later, according to their native strength and to the good or evil of their wills in the beginning, they fell under the thralldom of the ring that they bore and of the domination of the One, which was Sauron's. And they became forever invisible save to him that wore the Ruling Ring, and they entered into the realm of shadows. The Nazgul were they, the Ringwraiths, the Enemy's most terrible servants; darkness went with them, and they cried with the voices of death.”

I was stumped for a while and after searching through some #1298 cache’s I found a safe place for it to hide. From my near castle I should be able to see the Great Nazgul’s attempts to approach this hill. :rolleyes:

As I posted in one of my logs for The Fellowship of the Ring multi, this is my favorite quote regarding the nazgul:

"The voice belonged to a man.... a stranger they had understandably overlooked because of his rather ordinary black cape, black chain mail, black mace, black dirk, and perfectly normal red glowing fires where his eyes should have been."

- "Bored of the Rings", page 25

:rolleyes:

We left at first light today to ensure the precious did not fall into the Nazgul's hands. We have the Precious in the northern realm... unfortunately one of my party became entranced, she put the ring on and disappeared. I know of her plans and will retrieve the Precious while she is sleeping.

At three hours after sunrise on the next day The Precious will be passed on. We met a friend today who told us about a strange man: "Son of Thranduil, Lord of the Elves of Mirkwood. He set out from Rivendell with the Company of the Ring, and journeyed with Aragorn and Gimli through the southern lands of Middle-earth during the War of the Ring; he fought at the Battles of the Hornburg and the Pelennor Fields. "