"advanced" User Guide For 60cs?

Just got my 60CS this week and I noticed that the user guide that came with it is light on details when it comes to advanced capabilities. For example:

1. How do I create custom waypoint icons to fill in those little blue circles?

2. What determines the hunt/fish best/worst times?

3. The notes section for waypoints appears to be limited to 15 characters each on two lines, but has room for up to 20 on 3 lines--why?

Is there a comprehensive detailed requirements spec or advanced users guide available to the public that might answer these questions? If so, anyone know where to find it? Thanks.

-Scott

Nope, no "advanced user's guide" per se, but Sputnik 57 has created a very extensive FAQ thread dedicated to the 60 series.

CLICK HERE to view it.

Custom waypoints came AFTER the GPSr was released, so it's not documented. It's a bonus from Garmin.

For hints on custom waypoints, CLICK HERE.

What determines the hunt/fish best/worst times?

Probably the tides I guess. Which reminds me - an unadvertised feature of the 60 series: Tide Predictions! CLICK HERE to find out more!

The FAQ NG pointed to is slowly moving to the web in a bit more organized fashion. The web site doesn't address the custom symbols or hunt/fish issues (yet) but when people like Neo point me to links like that, they go on the list. The 30 character problem is linked in the third question of this section.

Edit: Neo Geo's links have been added as the sixth FAQ in this section. Thanks, NG!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Sputnik 57