Seeking Validation From Satisfied Users

hgilbert

It's an outstanding app. It lets you filter caches, list caches on a route, slice and dice your data any way you choose, and then (thanks to GPSBabel under the hood) it lets you export it in dozens of formats. I send my data to MapSouce software, National Geographic Topo! Cachemate, for my PDA, directly to my GPS. It loads names in a style that you can customize, and even exports hints or other information.

It is virtually error free, and any user problems are quickly addressed by Clyde, either here in the forum, or by direct e-mail.

In short, I can't think of a software program with which I've been more pleased.

I am a big fan of GSAK. I am not sure what you mean by "safe"? If you mean the post about it being picked up by a spyware program - then it was found that the spyware program incorrectly marked GSAK. I am a very careful computer user and I have had no problems with the program and as other people have said it runs and does its job very well.

Hope this helps.

TheHFamily

Okay maybe it just how my mind is working ring now. I will not get into why it is here… But why seek validation from only satisfied user. By definition validation is proving that the software function to meet the users needs (defining the user and there needs a WHOLE separate off topic and exam issue), Yes I know I am nit picking on this (for those in the software arena) but I just spent way to many hours not caching and working over things like this. :rolleyes:

Just for the record, I love what I can do with GSAK, it does everything I want it to do and more. Add to it the beyond outstand support that Clyde provides, and you are in software ecstasy. :unsure:

i love it too - whats the betting clyde just puts this thread on his homepage? (or maybe clyde has a sock puppet account to solicit these recommendations :)

the only "unsafe" things that I can mention are that it makes it even easier to do whatifs and analyze your data so you waste even more time at the computer rather than caching.

It also checks for updates (which some paranoid people/firewalls might not like) but never downloads them unless you tell it to AND you can turn this off if you don't like it (but you'd be mad)

Count me as a very satisfied GSAK user. I don't think I could geocache without it. It's helped save me reams and reams of paper using the Cachemate export to Palm OS functionality.

It has lots of great features and I'm finding out all the time the many things it can do.

Try it! You'll like it! :)