Cach-cadian's Once A Month Club

Patudles

Beings we haven't been doing so well this year on getting new caches I thought I would start a once a month club. Please sign on if you are willing to join. To join this club you need to make a commitment of hiding a minimum of one cache per month in Cache-cadia Land (eastern side of the Cascades). Then you need to post to this thread when your cache is hid to alert us all. So all of you willing to join the club please sign in. You do not have to live in Cache-cadia to join the club, just visit us once a month and hide us a cache. :unsure:

About time you EWA geo slackers put out more caches!..... I need to pick up the 25 cans I have on order and plan on putting out at least 10 in EWA.

Before you call the kettle black you might check and see how many caches people like the Navigatorz have put out. It just so happens that we live in an area with not so many cachers to help hide them so the few we have have to put out a lot of caches to make it worthwile to cache over here. Those of us in Wenatchee & Winthrop areas do not live in a caching mecca. Slackards we're not.

Did you miss my happy face?....I was just poking some fun at you all. You and everyone do a great job at placing caches. I'd much rather cache over your way than the dark, damp, wet, west side. I'm running out of non city caches though, so it looks like a Wenatchee run might be in order soon. I still have that Bus Stop DNF that keeps glaring at me.

Hmmm....Think you might need a little nudge? Let me know... Many people have complained about the open nature of the cache and feel very exposed. This cute little find in Ellensburg I did yesterday put mine to shame! Talk about exposed with a police station right around the corner! When it was found, it was pure exhilaration. I know when you get Take Shelter, you'll feel the same way. <_<

-R-

Did you miss my happy face?....

Sorry, did not mean to pounce on you so. I ment to put in a face or two with my verbalization also, but forgot. :D So here are the faces I ment to put in.

Before you call the kettle black you might check and see how many caches people like the Navigatorz have put out.
<_<
It just so happens that we live in an area with not so many cachers to help hide them so the few we have have to put out a lot of caches to make it worthwhile to cache over here.
:D
Those of us in Wenatchee & Winthrop areas do not live in a caching mecca.
:D

Now, yes, we will welcome any of your new caches in the area. :D

Having so spoken, this slackard needs to consider where to put her 1st cache of the year :D

Edit: oooops

Edited by Patudles

GeoRoo provided 19 quality caches last year (and about half of them were on the east side of the Cascades). Looking at his cache pages, it appears most of them have spectacular views. I only claimed two of his in 2004, but will definitely put some of his other caches on my Must-Do Cache List for 2005, especially the Lookout Tower caches. Thanks GeoRoo.

Thanks Navigatorz, I enjoy the get out of town caches, so I'm always on the lookout for a viewpoint. My poor Honda Civic took a beating this past year with all the caching I did. I have 3 Patudle dents on one side from one of her caches, but after reading Robinego's post earlier maybe I should name them after her!.....:D Amazingly I did not get stuck anywhere this year and break anything, so knock on wood. I did get locked in behind a logging gate for 5 hrs, almost stepped on 6 rattle snakes, had a 1,000 plus lb rock roll over and almost pin me, but all in all a good year of geocaching with no damage done. Good thing geocaching is such a safe sport or I could be in trouble!......<_< If you see me on a milk carton you know what happened.

but after reading Robinego's post earlier maybe I should name them after her!.....

Hey now, yer treadin' on thin ice...I'm perfectly capable of driving with my elbows... <_<:D

I'm already ahead of everyone else, I placed my 1st one of the month. And it's a good one in a fatabulous spot. No dog tag micro in a tree like I threatened.

-R-

I have 3 Patudle dents on one side from one of her caches,

LOL, I hid most of my caches while driving my Taurus, and unless I was with Robinego, found most of them in same cachmobile. :) Surprisingly no dents or damage to it while doing so. Car totaled in parking lot at Target while cashing there. :) Pickup backed into me, so oilpan was still intact. :ph34r: Now I have a real cachemobile to hide them in so look for some of my new caches in 4-wheelin territory, high clearance needed. Have some areas in mind to check out as soon as the snow is gone (July) :unsure: .

Now hang on, that baby popped up and I grabbed it on the way out of town to West Bar, good and proper. Toodles gave me NO help (snot). She just stood and watched me act like a fool til I was pert near frozen.

And I'm thinkin' you need to join us sometime. Do you some good. See our caching style and learn sumthin'. (don't know what, but you'll come back a changed man) :o

I'm feelin' kinda onery and think I need to go plant another one...

-R-

Do I see a pattern here?
Let's see now, would that be McCall's or Simplicity? Hmmm, not Simplicity I'm sure, maybe Butterick's or Vogue's? Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand which pattern your referring to. :D

Just cause we cache together doesn't mean we always hide our caches together. Besides if we did we'd would close our eyes and not peek so we could give the coords an accurate test. :D You know, us Garmin folks need to keep the Maggies of this world in line! :D Yeah, now that I think about it, it must be Vogue that your refering to. Thats always the most complicated pattern. :o

I'm afraid to. I can just now hear you both laughing at me for not seeing a cache staring back at me.

Moi? :o Laugh at you? NEVER! Wouldn't dream of it. I might bust an eardrum fighting back some snickering, but I would never outright laugh at you...

-R-

Edited by robinego
Well at least 10 of her cans have RFID tags in them. You knew there had to be an ulterior motive right? Lets see 400 easy finds..... 

So now you have a "ammo can receiver" attached to your belt to go off whenever you come near one of the ones you sold. No wonder you let us buy them so inexpensively. :D ~ Tudles

Sooo I noticed. 4 star terrain hmmm, now who will be first to that one? I'm sure it won't be me. Navigatorz are you going to let Robinego beat you to this one or will Barnabirdy(s) have to come down and claim firsties, if Team Tazman doesn't do it. Sure wish Subie21 would wake up and join in again.

Was on the west side yesterday and got home in the wee hours, then called to work today so I couldn't go out and play. Did the leg work on a few multi's in Issaquah while I was over there and getting a new s e r i e s ready to start planting over the course of the next few months.

Hey Birdy's, I have a TB that needs to get to Calgary, next time you're down here, let me know so you can take him a little way up the road toward his goal.

-R

I will be in Calgary Feb. 8-11.  If you can drop the bug somewhere between Issaquah and Snoqualmie Pass, I could pick it up.

paul2tele

Well I'll just *have* to make another trip over the hill to drop him off, and you know that will be *such* a hardship, driving by all those caches and stores that need my "attention"... :D

I'll let you know when I plan on coming back over, obviouslyit will be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks, Robin

For the month of January, new hides in 20 mile radius of Wenatchee are as follows:

Year 2003 - 15 new hides

Year 2004 - 2 new hides

Year 2005 - 7 new hides (So far and we still have 10 days to go).

Can we beat 2003's number? Where's the rest of the Cache-cadians? Shall we start knocking on doors? :(

Edited by The Navigatorz

I will commit to making as many new caches as possible. Anything more will just tie me down, disable me, and make me a blithering mess. I can't stand the pressure. <_<

I tend to place caches in batches. Maybe when they are all averaged out they're once a month? :blink: Don't think so, since I've been caching for close to three years, and I only have done 23 caches. <_<

I'm particularly stunned at all the new cache listings that are popping up in the middle of winter, though. I'm inspired in more ways than one. I could go out right now and get 8 new caches close into town right now. :huh:

Alright, did a little more checking than I should have, but here is a modified version:

If I start counting from the first month that I started planting caches (including a couple caches I basically planted under another name), I am 6 behind in the averaged once a month thing. A lot of them were in clusters of 2-5 in one month.

I have adopted a cache, and look over two others under that other name.

I also am basically in charge of all of my family's caches (since they are either to young or undedicated), which adds up to 22 more caches.

So, after all is said and done, I am currently resonsible for 47 caches, which means I haven't even caught up to Patudles yet! <_<

But it's important to take these things into account when making new caches. Do I trust myself to be able to take care of all of them responsibly, or are am prepared to archive some of them? :huh:<_<

Ok Patudles, you started this club. Where's your January cache?? :D

:lol: I'm working hard on it right now trying to get it ready to submit. I changed horses midstream and went back to another cache idea I had awhile back and am using it. Couldn't find just the right hiding spot for the other one. So keep your eyes peeled. It might be up tomorrow for the lucky FTFer. It may have a few curves tossed in. :D See if you can catch on. :o ~ Tudles

Wow, GeoRoo has hidden 7 new caches this year, and all in January!!

Well, actually 10 now. I went out yesterday and found a new road that climbs up to some fantastic view points near Index. Top cache is at 3200 ft. and there was no snow!..... We're going to be in serious trouble with the snow pack if it doesn't start soon. There's a large communication site being built, so it looks like that road should be in good shape for a long time. I have 25, 50 cal ammo boxes and another 12, 30 cal boxes that I bought about 2 months ago, so I figured I better get busy with some new caches out my way. It's been spring time weather over here all week and I'm planning to put out more caches on Friday.

I have 25, 50 cal ammo boxes and another 12, 30 cal boxes that I bought about 2 months ago, so I figured I better get busy with some new caches out my way. 

Criminey! I'm having a heck of a time finding spots for only 5 cans! Dude, seriously, thanks for all the new hides, but slow down, you'll burn out! :lol: